Finally got the birds out.

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Trev

Well as you know due the local hawks and a bad roof on my loft the birds have been shut in since October. With the roof finally finished, yesterday I decided it was time for them to come out and start getting fit for breeding and racing, the hawks of course are still a worry and will be until the end of March early April but I can't leave it that late before getting them out. I didn't let them out until mid afternoon as I didn't want them out too long, most came out fine, some obviously still remember the last hawk hit as weren't too sure but did venture out eventually. They didn't fly for that long but did stretch their wings and blow the dust off, they were very cautious of the new roof with all but one landing on the drop board rather than the roof, which to be honest is no bad thing as I'd love them to do that on race days !! Anyway I shut the loft and called them in about 4 and all came in no problem so I'm well pleased and relieved about that. They have been out this morning since about 10 and I've put the baths out which they've been loving πŸ‘πŸ˜ I'll get them in shortly and maybe give them another stretch before tea πŸ‘
Buster121

Good to see all went well mate
George and Morgan

good to read all is good so far
Murray

Good to hear. :D
That roof was a worry for a long time, I am pleased for you. In a few days they will be back to landing on it for sure!
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Trev

Thanks all πŸ‘ I just need to get them fit for racing now 😁
Devo1956

Sounds good Trev, great news.
Trev

Devo1956 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:33 pm Sounds good Trev, great news.
πŸ‘πŸ˜