2024 Rings

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:21 pm the nest with 3 eggs this bird was on the nest no way will i throw the eggs away it says cock but i thought a hen
I would say probably a hen. You can usually tell by the time you see it sitting. By mid morning until mid afternoon the cocks will be sitting. Sometimes the cocks will sit earlier and later when in a favoured nest position. The best way is to see who’s sitting when it’s dark. These will almost certainly be the hens. Of course the nest with 3 eggs in could be a pair of hens but then you should get a fourth egg.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

will check to-morrow Andy
Trev

Andy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:58 pm
George and Morgan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:21 pm the nest with 3 eggs this bird was on the nest no way will i throw the eggs away it says cock but i thought a hen
I would say probably a hen. You can usually tell by the time you see it sitting. By mid morning until mid afternoon the cocks will be sitting. Sometimes the cocks will sit earlier and later when in a favoured nest position. The best way is to see who’s sitting when it’s dark. These will almost certainly be the hens. Of course the nest with 3 eggs in could be a pair of hens but then you should get a fourth egg.
I've got two young pairs that have laid in the same nest box this week 😬 they seem to be taking it turns between the 4 of them who's going sit 😬😕 good job I'm not keeping their eggs lol 😂🤣
Trev

Looks like a hen to me, she's very nice mate, I can see why you don't want to throw them away !! Hopefully you'll they will sort themselves out and that you will be able to work out who the eggs are from.
George and Morgan

what i will do Trev is if 2 hatch the egg left will move under the single egg hen
Trev

George and Morgan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:14 pm what i will do Trev is if 2 hatch the egg left will move under the single egg hen
Sounds like a plan mate 👍