Off to Aus

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Buster121

Just seen on news Killer, so terrible and tragic
Murray

A tragedy. An entire family.
We are all in shock.
After the months of heavy rain over much of the east coast of Australia, the countryside is starting to reach breaking point.
So terribly sad.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Trev

Very very tragic, I hadn't heard about it. I'm guessing this happened not far from where my son is staying !!!
Heart felt sympathies to those who have so sadly perished and to their families. "There but for the grace of God go I" ❤
killer

About 30 to 40 k from Sydney in a west direction ,plenty of people need to be air lifted out of there each year ,being lost or what ever ,it’s a place I wouldn’t go ,very rough ,hilly & plenty of bush ,you could hide an army in there ,
Murray

Yea, it's country where you need to be an experienced bushman to be going. I wouldn't go there.
Trev

Thankfully Ash and his party are now safely in Cairns for a few days 👍😀
killer

Let’s hope they don’t discovera Bunderberg Rum ,lol
Murray

:D :lol: :shock: No, let's hope they do!
killer

For the Historians ,
When the first fleet arrived they landed at Sydney cove , 1788 there main problems were it was bad soil to grow crops ,sandstone & limestone ,also no fresh drinking water ,they remembered, seeing mountains & hills ,down my way ,so they sent a boat down to Bellamby,which is the name used today about 2 k north of me ,they rowed in To a creek ,followed it & filed there emptyRum barrels ,one problem fixed ,the next was to try & find away over the Blue Mountains ,thinking better soil was over there ,I believe it took years to find there way over them ,,they put there Catte out in the bush ,to try & keep them alive ,,after a while ,they went in to the bush to find them! ,no sign of them ,after a few days they searching they found some tracks ,leading south ,they followed the tracks & found them healthy ,the place they named Cowpasture Rd Camden ,grass 4 feet high ,funny thing is. McArthur jumped in & acquired the hole are ,then it becoming the. Home of the Marino sheep ,,later on he was told to give some of the land ,so they built a township know as Camden ,back to bluemontains after failing many atemps at crossing they gave up,untill they talked to a local black bloke he says he. Would show them which he did they found all they wanted plus much more hope this help you understand the bluemoutains
Murray

Thanks for writing that, killer.
The history of the Sydney settlement and the exploration of the west is something I am deeply interested in.
I am a student of the life and work of our greatest poet and story writer, A.B. Paterson.
'Banjo' Paterson was born in 1864 in the western country over the Blue Mountains. His life story and poetry define Australia becoming a nation, I think.
For those who are not familiar with Banjo Paterson, I will begin with the first few lines of one of the greatest Australian poems...
I am trying to do this from memory,

I had written him a letter, and for want of better
Knowledge, sent it where I met him down the Lachlan, years ago.
He was shearing when I knew him, so I sent the letter to him,
Just on "spec" addressed as follows, "Clancy, of The Overflow":.

The poem continues for several more verses, and is a wonderful expression of life in the bush and in the city in 19th century New South Wales.