Some of my widowhood pairs. (for Buster)

Post your topics on breeding or family of pigeons here.
Andy

Here are some of the pairs.
IMG_3072.jpeg
Firstly is the blue pied cock (Steve) from Buster X a 3 year old dark chequer hen
This is a nice pair. The blue pied raced well having 9 races this last year. The hen is a stray. She came in 2 years ago when she hit my loft with 2 broken legs and a big gash down one side. I didn’t think she would survive the night. But she did and gradually recovered. I was in contact with her owner. I have bred a couple of useful birds from her. This year one of her youngsters was the youngest I raced and she had all 8 of the young bird races. A nest mate was reported in Holland. I did by mistake send her to a race this year. 83 miles without having been in a basket. She was 2 days late but did at least return.
IMG_3081.jpeg
The blue chequer cock is No 25 from Buster X dark chequer hen 18
25 had all 8 young bird races. The hen 18 is a daughter of the hen above. She had 5 races this year.
IMG_3076.jpeg
This is a pair both from Buster. Probably the best 2 youngsters racing this year.
The Mealy cock is 22. Had all 8 young bird races. 1st bird 3 times.
Paired to Blue hen 64. Had all 8 young bird races. 1st bird twice both times being in the combine result.
IMG_3077.jpeg
IMG_3078.jpeg
This pair is blue chequer cock 34 X blue hen 26
The cock was bred from a cock from Dev, 55, who was 26th section 158th open Poitiers 343 miles when paired to a hen from Pete, 52, who was 91st sect 102nd open Falaise 178 miles, 88th sect 738th open Poitiers 343 miles.
34 has been raced but was missing for 2 months at the start of the season. He is the sire of the dark chequer hen 18.
The hen 26 was bred by Buster. Had all 8 races as a youngster.
IMG_3083.jpeg
Red grizzle cock 39 X Blue hen 66
The cock 39 is a grand son of a red chequer cock from Magic X a grizzle hen from George and a blue Chequer cock from John & Ben x a hen from Pete. 39 was missing for 3 months as a youngster returning the end of November 21. Only had 1 race as a yearling where he was 2nd bird Guernsey. This year as a two year old he had 10 races. Was first bird from one race and steady in the others.
The hen 66 is from Potter. She has had 6 races. 1st bird 3 times, 2nd bird 3 times. Has flown South, North and East to West. I lost her mate when they were rearing small youngsters. She reared them on her own. She did suffer though and hasn’t had the best of moults. I was going to race her natural this year but because of the moult will keep her as a widowhood hen and let her have a good moult.
IMG_3080.jpeg
This pair could be interesting, but probably more for the distance. The pencil blue cock is the inbred son down from Euro diamond. He is paired to a daughter of this cock.
IMG_1400.jpeg
When paired to a hen of mine that flew Poitiers as a yearling.
Wrong pedigree. That is the pedigree of the dam and g.dam of the pencil blue cock.
This is the sire of the hen.
IMG_1401.jpeg
IMG_3088.jpeg
This is Muzza boy paired to a hen who was hawked twice and has a dropped wing.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

The pigeons look in terrific order, Andy. All set for a good season by the look of it.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

As Murray says looking great, have to say the red grizzle, mealy and the pencil blue cock stand out, some great pairings there really hope they do well for you
Trev

They look well Andy, some cracking looking birds, good to see you still a selection of birds from various members on the site 👍 The Mealey and blue pairing look nice as do the two blues, I look forward to seeing how their babies turn out.
Hopefully with some good experience now behind them if they take to your new system ok you should get some good racing in this year 🤞 I'm quite excited for you lol 😂🤣
Andy

I let the widowhood pairs out this morning as the weather was quite nice. This was the first time they had been out since beginning of October. I didn’t leave them out long. Most came in quite quickly but one hen was missing all day. I had a horrible feeling that she had been hawked but she turned up just before it was getting dark. Don’t know where she had been. Seemed ok.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Good she back safe mate
Trev

Thats good Andy, pleased to see they are back in safely bruv.