Training when it is cloudy.

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Murray

I had planned to train the duifs today, but the day turned out dirty. Heavy broken cloud, strong winds at times, and it didn't warm up much.
It wasn't raining or foggy, or anything, but I just didn't like it. So I didn't go up the road. I did notice that there were very few birds flying around. Usually this is a Noah's ark, with lots and lots of birds, large and small, all tearing about. :D Today, hardly one.
I put them out at 3.30 pm and they had a couple of very good flies, but they were a bit anxious to get in, and were diving in the sputnik over 30 minutes or so. I gave them all a good feed just so they went to the perch full and not worried.
Do others have concerns about training when it is cloudy and windy?
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Andy

Yes I know what you mean. I don’t like to train in cloudy or windy weather. I know they will have to contend with it in some races but don’t risk it with training. Mine as you know are on open loft and I would rather just let them fly if they want to in those conditions.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

To be honest as long as the liberation site is reasonably clear I don't tend to worry too much about a bit of cloud as if you are aiming for distance racing the birds need to be willing to fly through almost anything. I wouldn't train in the conditions we have here at the moment though with that bitter North East wind, that easterly wind will soon knock off any form the birds have. My birds are on open loft and will go out in all conditions, it's their choice whether they fly or not. Having said all that I don't worry too much if my old birds are trained or not, it's only any unraced ones that I will try to train before racing.
Murray

Much better day today, partly cloudy and light winds. I will take some for a fly this afternoon.
Have to go earlier, as daylight saving finished last night, and they will be looking to go in sooner.
Trev

Murray wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:06 am Much better day today, partly cloudy and light winds. I will take some for a fly this afternoon.
Have to go earlier, as daylight saving finished last night, and they will be looking to go in sooner.
Good news Muzza, I hope you had good trainer and that they are all home safely 👍😀
Murray

Yes I went, although it was starting to cloud up a fair bit. Took 18. Only about 5 miles, and they took a while, so they must have had a look around. All arrived with a rush. When I let the rest out they flew for another hour.
Birds look great, :D
Andy

Good to hear they all came home fine and they are looking good.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Murray wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:35 pm Yes I went, although it was starting to cloud up a fair bit. Took 18. Only about 5 miles, and they took a while, so they must have had a look around. All arrived with a rush. When I let the rest out they flew for another hour.
Birds look great, :D
Great news Muzza, well done mate.