Racing starting

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Andy

This season is nearly upon us. I won’t be starting for another month yet but I have heard that there are a couple of clubs/feds starting this weekend. Wouldn’t fancy racing in this weekends weather. The majority are starting on the 16th April but I know there are 2 liberations next weekend from Wincanton. So I will have to remember to start keeping mine shut in on a Saturday. I’m not too worried if the old birds get mixed up in the liberations as it would be a bit of free training. There will probably be a lot of trainers going over during the next couple of weeks.
Good luck to all our members racing during this coming season.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Racing starts far too early these days in my opinion, the Surry Fed started today, it will be interesting to hear how they faired with their birds flying into a cold Norty East head wind. Our Fed start next week from Blandford, I'm still undecided as to whether I'll send or not, I may just send a few spare cocks and send the others the week after. We are away the following week so I won't send to that one. I'll hold my late breds back until mid way through the season.
My first open race will probably be the 14th of May with the BBC and/or Falaise with the BICC.