not looking good

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:09 am
Andy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:31 pm
Buster121 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:37 pm

More money than sense
I agree with your way now George of only getting in pigeons that have flown as I don’t care much about what their ancestors have done. All birds have to earn a perch and be kept on their own merit and not on others. But I don’t particularly rate many of these OLR birds. I don’t think they are any better than the youngsters that I have left that flew every young bird race in the combine (8 races) against up to 2,022 birds from 74 members from 11 different clubs racing back to a very large area with drag, wind, overfly etc against them. I know which ones I would rather have.
[/quote

Different races all together, a lot to consider on the whole subject. Olr birds getting trained and bred to one trainer.. Club racing bred and raced by individual trainers, that know how to train their birds
and how to motivate., Also different temps in some races, flight paths and so on. young birds go to a strange loft and a strange environment from being bred. But hey lets hear more.
For once I agree with you Dev 🙂🙂
Yes it is different. I know how difficult it is to have pigeons in and try to settle them and get the best out of them. The big difference is that the OLR only want them for the one season where as I’m trying to build a family. I would think that possibly a lot of the better pigeons sent to these races are lost well before the final. A lot of pigeons won’t be suited to this type of racing and training. Slow maturing ones. Also losses due to breaking them to the lofts and hawks etc.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:43 pm
Devo1956 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:09 am
Andy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:31 pm

I agree with your way now George of only getting in pigeons that have flown as I don’t care much about what their ancestors have done. All birds have to earn a perch and be kept on their own merit and not on others. But I don’t particularly rate many of these OLR birds. I don’t think they are any better than the youngsters that I have left that flew every young bird race in the combine (8 races) against up to 2,022 birds from 74 members from 11 different clubs racing back to a very large area with drag, wind, overfly etc against them. I know which ones I would rather have.
[/quote

Different races all together, a lot to consider on the whole subject. Olr birds getting trained and bred to one trainer.. Club racing bred and raced by individual trainers, that know how to train their birds
and how to motivate., Also different temps in some races, flight paths and so on. young birds go to a strange loft and a strange environment from being bred. But hey lets hear more.
For once I agree with you Dev 🙂🙂
Yes it is different. I know how difficult it is to have pigeons in and try to settle them and get the best out of them. The big difference is that the OLR only want them for the one season where as I’m trying to build a family. I would think that possibly a lot of the better pigeons sent to these races are lost well before the final. A lot of pigeons won’t be suited to this type of racing and training. Slow maturing ones. Also losses due to breaking them to the lofts and hawks etc.
Andy i think it's all about, our own way of thinking. And like i have always said, different views make the sport better, and that is the way it should be. No rights and no wrongs.
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:38 pm Morayfirth olr that's in trouble has offered anyone free entry to next year olr but if your bird gets to the final you pay £200 a bird
Here it is George.
George and Morgan

thanks Dev
George and Morgan

must be me if i posted this 5mins ago can't see it Cotswold olr winner auction £1820 only beat 76 birds
Buster121

George and Morgan wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:54 pm must be me if i posted this 5mins ago can't see it Cotswold olr winner auction £1820 only beat 76 birds
If it was the owner who won it then only costing half that amount as usually 50/50 split isn't it, still way to much
George and Morgan

still 4 days to go Steve
Buster121

George and Morgan wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:16 pm still 4 days to go Steve
Sorry thought it had ended