Some birds to look after.

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

The day to day of looking after so many birds, you ask is this a sport or just a money making pot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vdQw4LK8r8
Buster121

Good share there thanks
Trev

Another nice little watch mate, thanks for that. Doesn't look like there are many small team fanciers over there lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ nice to see they can also have a slow trap lol πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚
Isn't it the Herbots that you are getting for your venture mate ??
Devo1956

Trev wrote: ↑Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:11 pm Another nice little watch mate, thanks for that. Doesn't look like there are many small team fanciers over there lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ nice to see they can also have a slow trap lol πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚
The parents of my youngsters, were bought in a Herbots auction Trev.
Trev

Devo1956 wrote: ↑Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:15 pm
Trev wrote: ↑Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:11 pm Another nice little watch mate, thanks for that. Doesn't look like there are many small team fanciers over there lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ nice to see they can also have a slow trap lol πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚
πŸ‘πŸ˜Š I thought I had seen their name in one of your other posts !! I did have a Herbot pigeon years ago but honestly can't remember how I came by it or what it achieved, I really must go through some of my old records sometime as I'm sure it would make some interesting reading, maybe something for when I'm layed up after my Hernia operation πŸ‘πŸ˜
Devo1956

Trev wrote: ↑Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:29 pm
πŸ‘πŸ˜Š I thought I had seen their name in one of your other posts !! I did have a Herbot pigeon years ago but honestly can't remember how I came by it or what it achieved, I really must go through some of my old records sometime as I'm sure it would make some interesting reading, maybe something for when I'm layed up after my Hernia operation πŸ‘πŸ˜
It will be good if you can find your paperwork Trev, when you read about August and Frank. See how may flyers you remember.
Trev

Devo1956 wrote: ↑Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:32 pm
Trev wrote: ↑Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:29 pm

It will be good if you can find your paperwork Trev, when you read about August and Frank. See how may flyers you remember.
πŸ‘
Andy

I nice little clip. Yes I think for some it has certainly become more of a profession making money than a sport. I think some of these fanciers that keep large numbers of pigeons just rely on numbers to get results. There are a few of them over here. They then sell pigeons bred a couple of generations down from their best birds.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.