Being there at the right time.

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

How many times have you been told about this comment, well i know it because i have been there so many times. Sometimes it has been down to my days of traveling with others to lofts in parts of Europe. I did get the chance to meet some really good pigeon flyers and breeders, some young flyers that had already had the respect from so many older flyers. One comes to mind of Ronnie Adams, he was only around 18 years of age, his day started at 4.00 am making sure all was done in the lofts before he went to work.
Now this young person knew his birds, and his feeding system. This is how he became a very good young flyer, his time spent around the birds before and after work.

I was watching a video last night called the little ripper on you tube, about different lofts around the world. It was good to see it was all about the willingness to win, and how different flyers went about it. The good thing is they all had different ways of thinking, to get the end result. The more you put in, the more you will take out, and may lead you to better things in the sport.

Enjoy what you have, anything else is a bonus.
George and Morgan

i watch all the dirty jokes Dev
Buster121

Devo1956 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:08 am How many times have you been told about this comment, well i know it because i have been there so many times. Sometimes it has been down to my days of traveling with others to lofts in parts of Europe. I did get the chance to meet some really good pigeon flyers and breeders, some young flyers that had already had the respect from so many older flyers. One comes to mind of Ronnie Adams, he was only around 18 years of age, his day started at 4.00 am making sure all was done in the lofts before he went to work.
Now this young person knew his birds, and his feeding system. This is how he became a very good young flyer, his time spent around the birds before and after work.

I was watching a video last night called the little ripper on you tube, about different lofts around the world. It was good to see it was all about the willingness to win, and how different flyers went about it. The good thing is they all had different ways of thinking, to get the end result. The more you put in, the more you will take out, and may lead you to better things in the sport.

Little Ripper video very good, agree with the comments mate
Devo1956

In the film little ripper, it showed you the million dollar race. August and Frank Dellaman were in the crowd talking about the racing in OLR. I went to their home after i had been to the Jannsen home, what great lofts they had . I thought it was another house in the back garden. August was a very good friend of the Jannsens, and it was a great trip to remember. This was a great family of pigeon men.

http://www.pigeonsport.com/history.html
Trev

Devo1956 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:44 pm In the film little ripper, it showed you the million dollar race. August and Frank Dellaman were in the crowd talking about the racing in OLR. I went to their home after i had been to the Jannsen home, what great lofts they had . I thought it was another house in the back garden. August was a very good friend of the Jannsens, and it was a great trip to remember. This was a great family of pigeon men.

I'll read the article in full later but what an incredible set up 😳
That must have been an amazing day out Dev, the sport has certainly given you some fantastic memories, lets hope it's still got plenty more to give you mate πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ€—
Trev

Devo1956 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:08 am How many times have you been told about this comment, well i know it because i have been there so many times. Sometimes it has been down to my days of traveling with others to lofts in parts of Europe. I did get the chance to meet some really good pigeon flyers and breeders, some young flyers that had already had the respect from so many older flyers. One comes to mind of Ronnie Adams, he was only around 18 years of age, his day started at 4.00 am making sure all was done in the lofts before he went to work.

As you say mate above all else it is dedication that consistently wins races and you can't buy that.
I won't mention names in this comment but we have a top flier around here who up to last year has been in partnership with his son, they are constantly at the top of the tree and take some beating. The son is only young and very keen, although they have hundreds of birds he knows each bird inside and out. Last year he started working more and this year he has gone to University leaving his Dad alone to deal with the birds. This in my opinion is evident in the results achieved this season, they still had some success but nothing like previous seasons. The way I see it is that the quality of birds is still there it's just that little extra attention that's missing.
Devo1956

Trev wrote: ↑Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:55 am
Devo1956 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:44 pm In the film little ripper, it showed you the million dollar race. August and Frank Dellaman were in the crowd talking about the racing in OLR. I went to their home after i had been to the Jannsen home, what great lofts they had . I thought it was another house in the back garden. August was a very good friend of the Jannsens, and it was a great trip to remember. This was a great family of pigeon men.

I'll read the article in full later but what an incredible set up 😳
That must have been an amazing day out Dev, the sport has certainly given you some fantastic memories, lets hope it's still got plenty more to give you mate πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ€—
Trev, it was a full weekend of visiting top lofts in Europe. I even got to meet William Geerts, to be Honest August was friends with all the top flyers.