Not looking bad

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Trev

Devo1956 wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:10 pm I had a new visitor today, The young baby must have been told about my feed kitchen.
By the shape of its head that one looks like it has collard dove in it ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‰
Trev

Andy wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:54 pm
Devo1956 wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:07 pm
Andy wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:30 pm

Youโ€™ll be building a little loft for them all soon mate lol. Another nice looking one there.
Could be a good test loft, you never know what you could breed of selected ones. Oh no not another project :P :P :P
Itโ€™s something I always thought would be interesting to do. Take a few streeters and with selective breeding and testing seeing how long it would take to breed a winner. Iโ€™m sure it could be done. All dadโ€™s original pigeons were ones picked up as ferals and kept in old orange boxes hung on the wall as a lot of youngsters done back in those days.
The Roman's did years ago Andy, all our modern day pigeons are only descendants of the once common Rock Dove !!!
I have often thought that as these little buggers certainly know how to survive !! I did try it years ago with Fantails as those birds can fly for hours, I did get a cross in the clock up to 200 miles but lost it after that. I've no doubt that with patience I could have improved on this but back then just wasn't patient enough. I wouldn't mind trying again if I had the space as it would be a great fun project.
I also took a few feral birds that had set up home in my loft to the New forest (about 50miles) with us a couple of years ago, 2 were home when I got back a week later the other was missing all winter but turned up the following March in time for pairing up lol ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜‚
Trev

Devo1956 wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:07 pm
Andy wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:30 pm
Devo1956 wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:10 pm I had a new visitor today, The young baby must have been told about my feed kitchen.
Youโ€™ll be building a little loft for them all soon mate lol. Another nice looking one there.
Could be a good test loft, you never know what you could breed of selected ones. Oh no not another project :P :P :P
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚
Go for it mate, you'll love it and if anyone can you can ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿค—