At this time of the year.

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
George and Morgan

that answers a very good question
Andy

Having said all that George I doubt they have much time to scrutinise each bird as they’re put through. It is also about knowing the bird. I have handled a lot of birds during marking at the club this year and some I wouldn’t like. But the owner should know each bird and know if not right. Even with the odd fancier whose pigeons I would think mine are much better than would sometimes beat mine.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

George and Morgan wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:35 am thing is Dev a healthy bird should have no problem going through the moult this is just me i don't give anything only corn minerals very little grit and that's it what i hate doing is changing the corn forgot do give a little condition seed every day
This from Ad Schaerlaeckens this morning,
.MOULT
No, you don't have to do anything at all for a smooth moult. Just avoid stress, don't leave any lights on anywhere and of course don't breed anymore. And what about moulting mixture? Oh moult mixture. That's just a term that people stick on something. That really doesn't make the moult go any better. If you still want to do something, Sedochol may not be a bad idea. But again; I can't prove anything. W de Br teaches people to doubt and to beware of people who have no doubts.

I am like Andy, I give them some garlic and cider vinegar a couple of times a week, plenty to eat and lots of fresh air and sunshine. They moult fine. It's natural for them to do so.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
George and Morgan

i have not given the birds cress for some time now will start the weekend
Devo1956

I have great respect for all the flyers around the world, It's a 365 day sport and the health of the racing pigeon is paramount, Some flyers cannot afford quality feed never mind the additives, So this is where good husbandry is done, looking for cheap herbs and spices needed for the health of the birds. We can go in to any corn store, and buy what we are told is the best. Well that is ok if you have the money, think outside the box and do some research. Hey that is just my thoughts.
Murray

Devo1956 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:07 am I have great respect for all the flyers around the world, It's a 365 day sport and the health of the racing pigeon is paramount, Some flyers cannot afford quality feed never mind the additives, So this is where good husbandry is done, looking for cheap herbs and spices needed for the health of the birds. We can go in to any corn store, and buy what we are told is the best. Well that is ok if you have the money, think outside the box and do some research. Hey that is just my thoughts.
Absolutely correct, George.
There is big money being made by those selling snake oil.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

Murray wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:47 am
Devo1956 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:07 am I have great respect for all the flyers around the world, It's a 365 day sport and the health of the racing pigeon is paramount, Some flyers cannot afford quality feed never mind the additives, So this is where good husbandry is done, looking for cheap herbs and spices needed for the health of the birds. We can go in to any corn store, and buy what we are told is the best. Well that is ok if you have the money, think outside the box and do some research. Hey that is just my thoughts.
Absolutely correct, George.
There is big money being made by those selling snake oil.
Isn't there just
Andy

Very true. Som fanciers think that success can be found in a bottle or medication. Gullible people conned into spending their money.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.