Stoney cross 6th August

Post all your results here for others to see.
Andy

Today we were at Stoney Cross which is 34 miles to me. We sent 21 birds that all went last week. The club had 8 members sending 245 birds. The combine was around 2,000 strong. All flying further than me with the pull towards Bristol. The birds were liberated at 10.00am in a light NW wind. I thought I should have had one around 50 minutes but it was just over the hour that I had the first 2 drop together. They were both from Buster. They both trapped quickly but only one registered on the pad. A couple of minutes later I had another 2 followed closely by a fifth. These all trapped well. But then I had a few turn up close together along with a couple of strays. This meant that mine wouldn’t trap but I wasn’t to worried by then. I ended up getting 20/21. The only one missing is the one that was 2nd club last week. Typical of young bird racing. I got all 9 of yours again Buster. Returns were a bit erratic again this week in general with quite a few missing. Next week we are going to Littlehampton 82 miles. So quite a bit further and should be better for me.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Hope the last one is sitting on the loft this morning mate, a good overall result well done Andy
Andy

IMG_2651.jpeg
This is the race result from yesterday.

When you look at our results the later ones for members are their nom bids. For example the result shows my third pigeon being 19th but he was actually my ninth bird.
DarkPiedCock
Great Britain

Well done Andy. Nice returns.
Living in Brighton & Sunny Sussex.
Murray

They are going well for you then, Andy.
As you say, going about 80 miles next week will help. At 34 miles one extra lap of the lorry or following the bunch a mile the wrong way..... :(
Pleased to see our members are getting good results in the early YB races.
Something to look forward to. :D
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

Andy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:52 am IMG_2651.jpeg

When you look at our results the later ones for members are their nom bids. For example the result shows my third pigeon being 19th but he was actually my ninth bird.
Well done Andy
All 3 are out of my section 2 which is the sons and daughters of top stock good to see the mealy there as well
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:47 pm
Andy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:52 am IMG_2651.jpeg

Well done Andy
All 3 are out of my section 2 which is the sons and daughters of top stock good to see the mealy there as well
25 & 23 came together and both trapped quickly with 25 going in first. But when I checked the clock 25 hadn’t registered so had to put him back over the pad hence being behind 23. 23 was actually one of the ones that didn’t come back until the next day last week. I got both f the next day pigeons from last week back with no problem this week. The Mealey was my nom bird and is paired to a yearling hen sitting eggs.
Buster121

Trev had a mealy same parents last year but sadly lost it