Last old bird race

Post all your results here for others to see.
Andy

After the bad forecast for the weekend our final old bird race was put back until yesterday, Sunday. I had sent 5 pigeons. The birds were liberated at 9.00am into a strong WSW headwind. It was only 102 miles to me but with the wind was going to be a testing race. I thought a good one would be around 11-45. Just before this time the yearling Blue Pied cock from Buster came shooting in. He landed on top of the loft so fast that he nearly fell over. He turned and quickly went through the trap recording arrival at 11.42. I thought he wouldn’t be far away. I had to wait until 12.33 before the second one arrived. This was Muzzaboy having his 11th race of the year. He was completely different from the first one. He clapped around the sky for a couple of minutes before coming down. The third was my Red Gizzle cock who was also having his 11th race of the year at 12.46. He too clapped around for a time even landing and taking off again at one point. The race had obviously taken little out of these two birds. The forth arrived while we were out at 14.44. The final one arrived at 16.49. She is a yearling grizzle hen having her forth race after being very late from her first one. I was a little behind but not much. The winners were the more Northerly lofts as was expected with the South in the wind. It was all quite close really.
IMG_2640.jpeg
So that’s the end of this years old bird season. I have a few birds that have had a number of races and although the distances haven’t been much they have gained plenty of experience.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

That was a good result then Andy.
All home and well in the mix too. As you say you haven't had much distance this year, but those pigeons have had a lot of racing and are experienced.
You will be pleased.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

Well done Andy look forward to see how they do next year, great to see returns good as well
DarkPiedCock
Great Britain

Well done Andy. Next year hopefully you will get a bit of distance.
Living in Brighton & Sunny Sussex.
Trev

Well done Andy, after the bad first race you had it's been a fairly steady season for you. It's been nice for you to be able to get in more races and to be enjoying being part of a club again. At least now you have a better idea of what you have and can start looking at next years prospective pairings.