Garcon! another 7 s'il vous plais?

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Murray

There is a mythology surrounding wine.
The best way to enjoy a big flavoured wine is to pour it into a glass. All the way up. Smell it briefly, and drink it while enjoying being alive. Repeat.
What you do at a bar or restaurant is look at the blackboard, where assorted plonks are listed along withe the price. A glass of Chateau Bloteau 2019 will cost you $7.00. Only, because they know that you are a trendy who knows these things, it is simply 7.
They lie.
When you receive your libation, with a flourish and a big smile, you notice that is only half a glass. So, in fact, a glass of wine that you could buy anywhere cheaper by the bottle is 14. You are then meant to take a sip, nod appreciatively and then have a drink.
Then, when you receive the bill, or l'addition, as the french say, you are expected to leave a tip!
Why this topic?
Well some of you know I give my pigeons Apple Cider Vinegar and garlic regularly. I can make no claims about it but I have had no canker in my pigeons for 10 years and all the medications I had went out of date years ago. Dutch champion Ad Shaerlaekens wrote in 'De Duif' that he is skeptical of all sorts of additions to the diet - except garlic and cider vinegar. He also says that since using it he has never had to treat for canker.
Now, you would think a clove of garlic is a clove of garlic. A bottle of cider vinegar is a bottle of cider vinegar.
No so.
I just got some garlic in a delivery of groceries. Heavy in the hand, big cloves which when crushed with the knife are full of garlic juice.
My wife got me some ACV which was made in Portugal. Lots of the live 'mother' in it, all cloudy and smells fantastic.
So yesterday I made a batch of it, a big clove crushed and put in water for several hours, strained off, a tablespoon of the new ACv added, and diluted in 6 litres of water.
I filled all the drinkers. One cock bird marched up, stuck his beak in and took a drink. He stepped back, put his head to one side and you could see him thinking. Mmmm, he thought, that's not bad at all. He stuck his head back in and had another drink.
I laughed.
"That'll be 7", I said.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Trev

Great post Muzza, sounds like you have a proper connoisseur in your loft 🤣😂 Of course you and your bird are quite right, as with most things there are certainly varying standards of produce on the market so it probably pays to shop around.