Late breed

Say hello to all the other members on the forum.
Chris1978

Got few late breeds from last year not been in baskegot to get them up the road short traing to start should be OK??
worm

be good for nowt not a dig or anything should have abused them as babies took the everywhere you went put them into shorter comeback races if you got any when it's warmer as they will go out
williams and hadfield
Andy

Late breds are very hit and miss but I had a nest pair 2 years ago. Not trained at all before being raced. The hen was my first bird from both of the 2 longest old bird races last year. The cock had a couple of races last year and is in my widowhood team this year.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
NeilA

Most not worth it
odd one ok but I find more for longer races and the year after or the year after that
Late breds are not for me been fooled to many times by them thinking I cracked it
NeilA

Andy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:26 pm Late breds are very hit and miss but I had a nest pair 2 years ago. Not trained at all before being raced. The hen was my first bird from both of the 2 longest old bird races last year. The cock had a couple of races last year and is in my widowhood team this year.
Thing is we need them to win regular and straight away as yearlings in sprinting and be in the early birds in the fed I just don’t think they are worth it
I can breed enough homers early in the year without the hassle of late breds
king

NeilA wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:01 pm
Andy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:26 pm Late breds are very hit and miss but I had a nest pair 2 years ago. Not trained at all before being raced. The hen was my first bird from both of the 2 longest old bird races last year. The cock had a couple of races last year and is in my widowhood team this year.
Thing is we need them to win regular and straight away as yearlings in sprinting and be in the early birds in the fed I just don’t think they are worth it
I agree they are not much use in a sprinting loft. when I raced I can't remember a good one for me sprinting. I did however have one win 1st at 500 miles that was a late bred one year.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

I done brilliant with June bred baby's carrying 3 old flights but late breds iv not had much luck with
But June bred baby's sprinting as yearlings 10 months old were unbelievable and they won mnfc combined averages carrying 3 old flights,
MIL

Chris; are these sprinters or distance pigeons ?
NeilA

king wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:10 pm
NeilA wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:01 pm
I agree they are not much use in a sprinting loft. when I raced I can't remember a good one for me sprinting. I did however have one win 1st at 500 miles that was a late bred one year.
Agree king
May bred raced young are fine to race the yb program and score but once you get to the age you can’t race them that year there not much use if you race against a decent level of fancier on the sprints
Chris1978

Few sprint distance birds