Different system of what to feed.

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
Trev

Murray wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:04 pm
wynands56 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:11 pm all areas are hard to race i agree flying in countries that are flat have no obstacles to overcome we in my opinion fly the hardest route in the world and thats france into northern ireland and we have the best fancier in the world to many people get fixated with foreign breeds might be ok inland across the water wont face it jmo
I have to agree with that. There's pigeons that will fly across water and those that simply won't.
Flying from France into Ireland is certainly a massive ask.
In Australia they race from Tasmania to the mainland. It's about 150 miles of ocean but there are several islands in between. They seem to get good returns when the weather is good.
In New Zealand they race between the North and South Islands. The strait is narrow and on a clear day you can see the other side. They hit the strait at full throttle and are across before they know it. Well, a lot of them. There's always the ones that stop.
I reckon it might be another thing that can be bred for. If both parents are willing to fly over water, it might increase the chances of the offspring be willing to fly over water. Just a thought.
I have to agree, racing into Ireland must be a tough challenge for those birds.
I think you are right Muzza, I'm sure that kind of instinct can be bred into them.