Glastonbury FC

Post all your results here for others to see.
Andy

Well today we had our first race of the season from Stoney Cross, just 34 miles for me. I hadn’t managed to get any training in and it was the first time these birds have been raced on Widowhood. I sent all 11 cocks.
They were liberated at 10.45 in a light NNE wind. They had waited to liberate to allow it to warm up a bit. I had thought that anything before 11.30 wouldn’t be far behind. Around 11.25 I had 2 drop together. Both yours Buster. First bird was “Steve” the B.PD two year old. Second was the B.CH.PD yearling 25. They trapped very well and went straight into their boxes. But when I went into the loft I noticed they hadn’t registered on the clock. I picked one of the cocks up and put him on the pad. It still didn’t register even though the clock seemed ok. I unplugged the ETS and plugged it back in. By this time I had had another 3 trap. I had to put all 5 cocks back over the pads. So all 5 were on the clock in a minute. So I obviously lost a fair bit of time. I had 3 more 5 minutes later, although one of those wouldn’t trap. Your Mealy Buster turned up at 12.03 and the 10th of the 11 at 12.55. The last one didn’t turn up until I was up the club.
I was a bit behind but wouldn’t have been far away if the clock had worked. On the whole though happy with the way they came.

The club result was:
IMG_0259.jpeg
IMG_0260.jpeg
Looking at some of the other club results in the combine it looks like our club will take a lot of the top 50 in the combine. Mine may even get in there.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

That was a start anyway Andy. It sounds like most of them came well. Such a shame the timing was a mess up.
It goes to show that in those very short ones if you loose a few minutes you are 100 yards behind.
They have had a go now, next week will be most interesting.
Might pay to have a practice run with that timer during the week.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Andy

Murray wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:57 pm That was a start anyway Andy. It sounds like most of them came well. Such a shame the timing was a mess up.
It goes to show that in those very short ones if you loose a few minutes you are 100 yards behind.
They have had a go now, next week will be most interesting.
Might pay to have a practice run with that timer during the week.
The silly thing is I have run it several times over the past week to check everything was working, both the clocks and the ETS rings. When I plugged it in this morning after the initial install it showed clocking with 3 antenna, which is what it should do. So I don’t know why it didn’t work. Once I had re plugged it in it worked fine. Next week I will put one of the hens over the pad to check it before the cocks are due.
Buster121

Well done Andy, shame about the clock but after all that you only lost 4 minutes and probably wasted more than that trying to get sorted, hope all goes well next week, good returns as well
Trev

Well done Andy, a good solid start for you bro. It is a shame about the clock messing about, there quite often seem to be fanciers who have the odd ones not clock, especially if several go across the pads together, technology is great when it works. I got lucky with my set up as I'd not switched it on since September but it all worked fine.
They weren't far behind and all came fairly close together, which for the first race and their first time on the new system is all can ask for.
PHILBODEN

Well done Andy only first race for you on widowhood be better next week
Andy

Well done to our members on taking most of the top places in the combine. Especially to Gary & Prilly and David & John.
IMG_3224.jpeg
Well done to all on the sheet.
Buster121

Well done all
Trev

Great result for Glastonbury, especially the Staddons !! Well done also to all in the result 👏👏 The Crewkerne members did well too considering they fly further and had the wind on the beak to contend with !!
Good luck next week.
Andy

Trev wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:03 pm Great result for Glastonbury, especially the Staddons !! Well done also to all in the result 👏👏 The Crewkerne members did well too considering they fly further and had the wind on the beak to contend with !!
Good luck next week.
Crewkerne should have been up there Trev with the wind. Although they fly further they are a bit to the South of us and in a NNE wind it would have been in their favour.
You can see from the sheet how spread our club is. John Halstead being the shortest flyer at 31 miles and Phil Duckett being the longest flying member on the combine sheet at 57 miles.