oils,powders

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
drwho

hello to you all please can you give me some advice when i started keeping racing pigeons i was told not to keep swaping there seed around to different makes and use oils and powders on the seed each week things like garlic brewers yeast lemon juice etc now i joint a club some members are tell me at this time of year i should stop and use seed and plain water who is right
Buster121

Always seed and plain water, you can sometimes add lemon juice but people tend to use that when putting other stuff on food like powders, what club are you in and are you racing
Andy

First of all welcome to the site. I’m sure your find it a very friendly site with members only to happy to help where possible.
In answer to your question is keep it simple. I never put anything on my feed and only use garlic or apple cider vinegar in the water from time to time. Otherwise I use no treatments. Swapping seeds to different makes won’t make any difference provided it is always good quality. The feeding side can be discussed at length and you will get different opinions.
The only time I used lemon juice and brewers yeast was when I raced widowhood. I would put glucose powder and brewers yeast on the feed along with some lemon juice, mixed in and left to dry out. Would feed Wednesday afternoon and both feeds on a Thursday.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Welcome to to the forum.
Regarding the feed, which brand you use is not important, but suddenly changing from a high protein mix to a light mix etc can cause digestive upsets. I mix my own feed and it is pretty much the same all year round.
I use garlic and apple cider vinegar in the water regularly, also have not treated for any diseases for years.
As Andy said, keep it simple.
Greetings from the land down under. :D