Flying around home V training

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Andy

Going to put another post up later if I get time that may or may not be of interest.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:16 am Going to put another post up later if I get time that may or may not be of interest.
Sure it will be mate
Murray

Speaking of training around the loft, we are six days past the shortest day, and I have hens laying under the perches and in corners... :shock:
And today was a clear, sunny day, although it was not warm. I let them all out at 10 past 4 and they took off. They flew well and after awhile the old pigeons started dropping off and going in. Then they really took off.
An hour and 20 minutes later they put the air brakes on :D and dived down. There were pigeons crashing in through the sputnik, eager for their feed, and I was calling and spooning feed into the trays as they ate it up.
10 minutes later all were fed and watered, it was getting dark and I left the lights on for a few minute while they settled down.
I like to see them training hard in a team and trapping well. Then they are likely to do well in the tosses. Well, that's how I see it. Just my opinion.
I have lost many youngsters over the years by training them because it was time to. Not because they were ready to.
My bad. :oops:
Greetings from the land down under. :D