First race with late breds yesterday

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Murray

Nice one.
Youngsters are obviously fit and well.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
MIL

Plenty of reason to be optimistic there Tony
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Thanks Mike n Murray
I be honest I never do it again its a lot of work last season I had 9 ob races then paired up and had the whole summer of from racing and spent the time with the kids but racing late breds is a tough task compared to racing baby's the normal way .
Andy

Well done Anthony.
I sent 2 latebred cocks this week. They’d never seen a basket before. Didn’t do as well as yours but are both back.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:51 am Well done Anthony.
I sent 2 latebred cocks this week. They’d never seen a basket before. Didn’t do as well as yours but are both back.
Well done Andy
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Andy wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:51 am Well done Anthony.
Fair play Andy pal .
Diamond Dave
Great Britain

Well done Anthony, not many have the patience to achieve that with latebreds.
You have to say they can only get better.
Good luck with them mate.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Thanks dave
Devo1956

This is why the main aim and objective can be reached, by working with the birds as individuals you are giving them time to show true ability. Development happens over time, there are no cutting corners. Each stage of development needs to take place before the birds move on to the next stage. A good topic for new starters to understand. about young birds.
NeilA

Devo1956 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:58 am This is why the main aim and objective can be reached, by working with the birds as individuals you are giving them time to show true ability. Development happens over time, there are no cutting corners. Each stage of development needs to take place before the birds move on to the next stage. A good topic for new starters to understand. about young birds.
Bugger that Devo
Breed them for a late hatch in April train like bugger in July send them to the first 4/5 yb races put them away and have the end of August and September off the see a bit of the summer yourself all done in 4 1/2 months from pairing