Members or birds

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
king

Anthony webster wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:01 pm
NeilA wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:44 pm
Albert wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:38 pm Some clubs I know, have limits on the places each member can take, and another bone of contention is birdage on the result that includes trainers entered by members, that don't have a clock set.
I didn’t know that went in that not right to include them in a the result under them circumstances
We have 4 places per member to be honest I think that’s fine
It’s only 3 in the fed anyway
But we are up to 16 members now plus we have a 30 bird limit
Big senders I love em it don't change the result in my opinion,
Bird limits we have keeps members happy but it's a false result thets be honest who wants prizes they didn't win?
In Dublin in isrf it's 50 bird limit n a member or partnership can only belong to one club
To me this is a great thing to keep everything equal
contradicting yourself there a bit Ant. How can limits change the result? If you know the limit before you send that's straight forward, EVERYBODY is equal. Nobody moans about 2B, 5B clubs ect, so if it's 20B, 30B or 50B it's the just the same? How many birds does it take a good fancier to win with? Whatever limit is set, there'll always be somebody who wants to send more.
Andy

Albert wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:38 pm Some clubs I know, have limits on the places each member can take, and another bone of contention is birdage on the result that includes trainers entered by members, that don't have a clock set.
I didn’t know that went in that not right to include them in a the result under them circumstances
Bird limits we have keeps members happy but it's a false result thets be honest who wants prizes they didn't win?
In Dublin in isrf it's 50 bird limit n a member or partnership can only belong to one club
I agree. I’d rather have a placing that is what the bird has earnt than being seen to have done better than it had. I have no problem in our club or combine not having limits.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
NeilA

Yesterday I sent 28 I had 16 of the first
24 in the club really . I only get 4 places it don’t bother me one bit that other people got further up the result than they should
I like them to keep sending and being happy in the hobby what’s it matter
I don’t know many clubs with 16 members so it must be doing doing something right
I plan next year to look at 3 or 5 bird club within the race where we all pay £2 a bird to encourage people
It will still be a false position as others in the race would have non noms before it but it’s still fun and gives people incentive
I couldn’t care if I lost 5th place my loft books my account of the day
Albert

[quote=NeilA post_id=22832 time=1715543044 user_id=633
I plan next year to look at 3 or 5 bird club within the race where we all pay £2 a bird to encourage people
It will still be a false position as others in the race would have non noms before it but it’s still fun and gives people incentive
I
[/quote]How would that be a false position, when the nominated birds, are the only ones entered.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

In my South Rd club there's flyers who send 80 plus I will never moan about this these members are fantastic members with out them birdage in club n fed would be down so for me big senders are needed and if there winning fair play,, but don't moan try harder get faster birds.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

king wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:54 pm

contradicting yourself there a bit Ant. How can limits change the result? If you know the limit before you send that's straight forward, EVERYBODY is equal. Nobody moans about 2B, 5B clubs ect, so if it's 20B, 30B or 50B it's the just the same? How many birds does it take a good fancier to win with? Whatever limit is set, there'll always be somebody who wants to send more.
Sorry King I mean everything is equal in Dublin, but I don't care who sends what if birds are right there be there
NeilA

Albert wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:58 pm [quote=NeilA post_id=22832 time=1715543044 user_id=633
I
How would that be a false position, when the nominated birds, are the only ones entered.
[/quote]

Because other birds in the club beat them
But like winning pools isn’t it
king

Anthony webster wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:07 pm
king wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:54 pm
Sorry King I mean everything is equal in Dublin, but I don't care who sends what if birds are right there be there
I've never bother either how many a fancier sends but the £5 nom made around the table every friday night was always name your bird. The Nom winner on Sat always had a bigger smile than the race winner. You nearly always had to score to win the nom though. The pot could be up to £75 which back in the 80s was good money.
Albert

NeilA wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:35 pm
Albert wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:58 pm [quote=NeilA post_id=22832 time=1715543044 user_id=633
I
How would that be a false position, when the nominated birds, are the only ones entered.
[/quote] But the other birds in the convoy don't count, because like trainers they are not competing in the club. Just like you win your local club, but other birds in the federation beat you.
NeilA

Albert wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:48 am
NeilA wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:35 pm
I
But the other birds in the convoy don't count, because like trainers they are not competing in the club. Just like you win your local club, but other birds in the federation beat you.
[/quote]

Not for me mate if I win my club 6 bird and was 30th in the club race to me it’s still shit and worthless.
Feds different bigger radius winds dictate a lot more
Take Saturday the wind wins that in most competitive feds least with the club you can still over come it so I wouldn’t compare club and fed races as the same
There’s a south rd fed here 45 miles wide I can tell who wins soon as I get up Saturday morning