Thursday night / Friday

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
NeilA

Timed 11 in 2 and a 1/2 min yesterday a mixture of cocks and hens both fed different amounts Friday morning
Cocks 28g hens 10g
Both same high carb feed though

Not sure if that means it didn’t matter what amount they get Friday or did my cocks need the extra fed in error
Last edited by NeilA on Sun May 12, 2024 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buster121

NeilA wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:32 am Timed 11 in 21/2 mins yesterday a mixture of cocks and hens both fed different amounts Friday morning
Cocks 28g hens 10g

Not sure if that means it didn’t matter what amount they get Friday or did my cocks need the extra fed in error
Well done, not sure what to say regards needing food or not
NeilA

Buster121 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:27 pm
NeilA wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:32 am Timed 11 in 21/2 mins yesterday a mixture of cocks and hens both fed different amounts Friday morning
Cocks 28g hens 10g

That’s my thinking no clear evidence either way
Andy

Sounds like if the birds are good enough and in good health the feeding makes little difference at the end of the week.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
NeilA

Andy wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:31 pm Sounds like if the birds are good enough and in good health the feeding makes little difference at the end of the week.
Thanks Andy I think I had 14 in 4 mins so I can’t moan but it’s thrown a curve ball into my prep and theory’s
Andy

Even with the different feed I tried this week mine were still a bit off the pace but it is very difficult here to judge properly. I’ll post our race in the Glastonbury topic.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
NeilA

Andy wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:15 pm Even with the different feed I tried this week mine were still a bit off the pace but it is very difficult here to judge properly. I’ll post our race in the Glastonbury topic.
I think it’s hard where you are to beat the wind it’s hard here and your much wider
I think the only way of doing it would be draw lines to your race points ( the 3 most popular) find a point in that where the lines are close then look where your drag is and try to nip them out of that to your line . Easy for me as I’m stuck out a bit but I’m only looking at 4-5 miles off the drag yours is a totally different issue
Anthony webster
Great Britain

I don't feed Friday haven't for 15 years
Some times depending distance n speed last feed is Thurs am
Done this with top results to 300 miles on 1100 ypm
I know most who feed Friday n do well as well but iv tryed it n it's not for me
Iv a way of doing things n stick to it,, one thing tho the nutrition they receive after racing to next race is top quality.
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:13 pm I don't feed Friday haven't for 15 years
Some times depending distance n speed last feed is Thurs am
Done this with top results to 300 miles on 1100 ypm
I know most who feed Friday n do well as well but iv tryed it n it's not for me
Iv a way of doing things n stick to it,, one thing tho the nutrition they receive after racing to next race is top quality.
I like a bit Friday I just can’t stand overfilling the crop and I can’t feed 10 times a day I get that the digestive process to energy can’t work in 24 hours just my way though
Murray

NeilA wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:32 pm
Buster121 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:27 pm
Cocks 28g hens 10g

That’s my thinking no clear evidence either way
Boom! :D
Exactly. Some do, some don't. And good pigeons still win races and slow ones don't.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.