Good luck all

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
CHARLTON34

Morning Andy, 1st Chale race today think they are catching the 6am ferry so not sure what time they will be up later on, best of luck we might need it today.
Regards Dave.
Murray

G'day everyone racing today.
I hope it all goes well for you.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Murray

CHARLTON34 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:21 am Morning Andy, 1st Chale race today think they are catching the 6am ferry so not sure what time they will be up later on, best of luck we might need it today.
Regards Dave.
Humour a dumb Aussie, if you will.
What is the purpose of sending to Chale? It appears to me to take a fair bit of organisation to gain little or any distance?
Looking at the ferry crossing route, we have rivers wider than that. :o
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Andy

CHARLTON34 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:21 am Morning Andy, 1st Chale race today think they are catching the 6am ferry so not sure what time they will be up later on, best of luck we might need it today.
Regards Dave.
Thanks Dave. It sounds like nobody seemed to realise that there are no overnight ferries to the Isle of Wight. Hopefully they should get them away soon now. Best of luck to you too.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Andy

Murray wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:41 am
Regards Dave.
What is the purpose of sending to Chale? It appears to me to take a fair bit of organisation to gain little or any distance?
It is pathetic Murray. It is supposed to be one of the most expensive bits of water to cross in the world and limited ferry times and space. The pearls of wisdom from our committee.
Andy

This combine is a joke. Couldn’t get on the ferry until 8.00am. Early ones probably full and no booking.
CHARLTON34

Murray wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:41 am
Regards Dave.
Morning Murray, when we had are AGM it wasn't mentioned at all or voted by my club, so I think the bigger player's wanted to so 4 times this season 2 ob & 2 yb. Doesn't make any sense to me & don't want to go any further than 120 miles or so for it's members.
Was a big Combine sending 5000+ a week & flying over the Channel back a few year's ago Andy will probably know more than me, unfortunately if this doesn't change I can see it running at a financial loss again as fewer members stick with it or find an alternative.
Regards Dave.
CHARLTON34

Andy common sense didn't get listened to back in January /February anyone with an ounce of common sense wouldn't entertain going to Chale, 2 people /drivers to go by the time they've pick up around the club I expect they didn't get down for the ferry before 3 am, sorry to say that not fair on the pigeons, i expect it will all be rushed with out any time for the pigeons to settle or at least attempt to get a drink on the wagon from last night.
Convoyers years ago used to have the interest of the pigeons at heart I don't think this is true anymore unfortunately.
Regards Dave.
Andy

CHARLTON34 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:44 am Andy common sense didn't get listened to back in January /February anyone with an ounce of common sense wouldn't entertain going to Chale, 2 people /drivers to go by the time they've pick up around the club I expect they didn't get down for the ferry before 3 am, sorry to say that not fair on the pigeons, i expect it will all be rushed with out any time for the pigeons to settle or at least attempt to get a drink on the wagon from last night.
Convoyers years ago used to have the interest of the pigeons at heart I don't think this is true anymore unfortunately.
Regards Dave.
Firstly Ann Williams said that they caught the 8.00am ferry so hadn’t been on site long. Then said they caught the 3.00am ferry, which must have been from Portsmouth rather than Lymington as Lymington has no overnight ferries. Say that they had been on site since 4.45am. So why by 10.30 they still haven’t been liberated is beyond me.
CHARLTON34

Just been told by my secretary that Marcel was on the 3am ferry so was on site @ 4.45, getting ready for liberation.
Regards Dave.