King removes patronage from RPRA

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

The Queens love of racing was not shared by the rest of the Royal family. they were into other sports. Considering how important it was to keep our country safe in war time, using pigeons to carry important life saving messages. I feel the Royal family has very short memories.
Bowbroom
Great Britain

Is it now the PRA?
andybird1966

Bowbroom wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:18 pm Is it now the PRA?
No, the CEO says they can still use the “Royal” but they have to remove anything that quotes the King on it
andybird1966

Following the funeral of the late Queen Elizabeth Il, a request was sent to Buckingham Palace to ask if HM The King would continue as Patron of the Royal Pigeon Racing Association.
With much regret this request has sadly been declined due to the Royal family's workload.
It is our understanding that this does not affect the title Royal Pigeon Racing Association, but we should ensure that any reference to the King as the Royal Patron is removed from any letterheads.
Chris Sutton
CEO
Andy

Thanks for clearing that up Andy.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Zwols pigeons

This is more bad news for pigeon racing, i fear in the long term.
Andy

I’m not sure that many of Joe Public even know that the Queen was Patron or had her own lofts. I know a lot of my customers no nothing about pigeon racing. I do have a few very interested in how they are doing though.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Bowbroom
Great Britain

There are 62 million people in this country and less than 20 thousand involved with pigeons (incl all unions) it has been my experience that the General public are not in the slightest bit bothered whether pigeons are predated or how to repatriate them when lost, the debt owed to pigeons in the past has long since been forgotten about, imo it no longer matters who is patron as nobody not involved could care less.
As has been said before just get on with it while you can.
Trev

Murray wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:48 am You might wonder what this has to do with me? Remember, I am a subject too.
👍
Trev

It is very sad for the sport and a slight on the memory of all those birds who died serving their country during the war, and those men responsible for them.
Sadly I agree that potentially it could be a slippery slope for an already struggling sport, it will now be open season for attacks from any organisations that are against it.