Our friend George

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

I have been chatting to George, he has not had a good week regarding his birds. The loft door was open and a good few birds got out. Birds from OLR finals, over the past few days birds have made it back to the loft.
We know how much the birds mean to George, so lets hope other return safe. And i hope George returns to the site, a good mate he is.
MIL

Good luck George - chin up !
Buster121

Devo1956 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 pm I have been chatting to George, he has not had a good week regarding his birds. The loft door was open and a good few birds got out. Birds from OLR finals, over the past few days birds have made it back to the loft.
We know how much the birds mean to George, so lets hope other return safe. And i hope George returns to the site, a good mate he is.
What a shame he never said anything when we spoke, good to see some have returned hope others do as well, I reactivated his account yesterday Dev and when I told him he said he will not sign in so had to deactivate again, hopefully he will continue to look in and then later return
Devo1956

Buster121 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 pm
Devo1956 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 pm I have been chatting to George, he has not had a good week regarding his birds. The loft door was open and a good few birds got out. Birds from OLR finals, over the past few days birds have made it back to the loft.
What a shame he never said anything when we spoke, good to see some have returned hope others do as well, I reactivated his account yesterday Dev and when I told him he said he will not sign in so had to deactivate again, hopefully he will continue to look in and then later return
Yes Buster, he is feeling much better a few have returned. I hope in time he does return to the site, a great member.
Andy

He has asked Chris to delete him from the site this morning. I had an email from him and he said nothing to me.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:35 pm He has asked Chris to delete him from the site this morning. I had an email from him and he said nothing to me.
That is because when I reactivated him it sent an auto message saying he was activated and it comes from Chris, he thought Chris was contacting him so he sent Chris that email message
Murray

I am very sorry to hear all of that. George is a great old member of the forum.
If anyone is talking to him again please tell him I send my best wishes.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Buster121

Murray wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:08 pm I am very sorry to hear all of that. George is a great old member of the forum.
If anyone is talking to him again please tell him I send my best wishes.
He will see this Murray as he does still look in
Trev

Yes I had heard about George's troubles, he has had a couple of the birds return and has knocked up a make shift trap so that any others can get in. He doesn't seem too despondent as he thinks he still has enough birds left !!
Its is a shame that George doesn't come on at the moment, I will stay in contact with him and wish him well.