Hen racing age

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

NeilA wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:48 pm
Anthony webster wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:57 am
NeilA wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:39 pm I see yearlings and two year olds winning here on the sprints not often a old pigeon
I don’t think I have raced one past 3 for some time
If they get to the end of 3 years they really deserve a go at breeding as they have come through 4 years of selection
I raced 3 different 3 Yr olds last season for my first ever time normally only race yearlings n two Yr olds
But 2 out the 3 topped the open n other one landed with winner n was 2nd open, these was on dirty dodgy race days n probably these older pigeons know the tricks of the trade on nice days the 2 Yr old hens were way faster.
Plus them 3 hens were already good or they wouldn’t have been in your loft past the yearling stage
I think some people keep pigeons in hope then justify being right with the odd club card without realising how many times they have been wrong and breeding off the rubbish that they allowed to get to 4
Yes pal good solid pigeons winning 3 different directions n topping feds n being in first 20 of 3 different national clubs racing different directions, iv now retired them n will race there first ever baby's this season fingers crossed.
Andy

Anthony webster wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:57 am
Anthony webster wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:57 am

I raced 3 different 3 Yr olds last season for my first ever time normally only race yearlings n two Yr olds
But 2 out the 3 topped the open n other one landed with winner n was 2nd open, these was on dirty dodgy race days n probably these older pigeons know the tricks of the trader on nice days the 2 Yr old hens were way faster.
Plus them 3 hens were already good or they wouldn’t have been in your loft past the yearling stage
I think some people keep pigeons in hope then justify being right with the odd club card without realising how many times they have been wrong and breeding off the rubbish that they allowed to get to 4
Yes pal good solid pigeons winning 3 different directions n topping feds n being in first 20 of 3 different national clubs racing different directions, iv now retired them n will race there first ever baby's this season fingers crossed.
Good luck with the offspring Anthony.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Andy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:06 pm
Anthony webster wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:57 am

Good luck with the offspring Anthony.
Cheers Andy pal