First race of the season

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
CHARLTON34

Hello Trev, Hope you have a good race & return.
Andy

CHARLTON34 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:01 pm 1st race next week Stoney Cross 20th April if weather stays good out as far as Eastbourne ob , then only out to Brighton yb i think & fair to say with previous seasons in the past that the further we go out inland then it's not supported very well as the bigger club's NFC, BICC, etc kick in with there programme it's reduced birdage & combine suffer financially.
Just one of those thing's I'm afraid with falling membership across the board, just enjoy your pigeons while you can.
Regards Dave.
Hi Dave. As you know I’m in the same combine so will also be starting next week. Stoney Cross for me is only 34 miles. The first 3 races are all from Stoney Cross :evil: :evil: Eastbourne our longest race for the combine is 118 miles for me. Brighton with the YBs is only 102 miles. As a club Glastonbury are looking at racing with the three counties classic flying club for their longest races. We can only race as a club with them this year but they will convoy us.
Good luck next week Dave. As you say weather not looking to bad for next weekend.
Andy
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

CHARLTON34 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:56 pm Hello Trev, Hope you have a good race & return.
Cheers Dave 👍🤠
Trev

Andy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:50 pm
CHARLTON34 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:01 pm 1st race next week Stoney Cross 20th April if weather stays good out as far as Eastbourne ob , then only out to Brighton yb i think & fair to say with previous seasons in the past that the further we go out inland then it's not supported very well as the bigger club's NFC, BICC, etc kick in with there programme it's reduced birdage & combine suffer financially.
Just one of those thing's I'm afraid with falling membership across the board, just enjoy your pigeons while you can.
Regards Dave.
Hi Dave. As you know I’m in the same combine so will also be starting next week. Stoney Cross for me is only 34 miles. The first 3 races are all from Stoney Cross :evil: :evil: Eastbourne our longest race for the combine is 118 miles for me. Brighton with the YBs is only 102 miles. As a club Glastonbury are looking at racing with the three counties classic flying club for their longest races. We can only race as a club with them this year but they will convoy us.
Good luck next week Dave. As you say weather not looking to bad for next weekend.
Andy
Hopefully you will get a few longer ones Andy.
We do have a pretty good programme on the North Road, starting at 84miles and going up to just over 200miles in our Fed but we also join the Solent Fed who convoy our birds and the Dorset Federation in Four combine races from, Hexham 295miles, Kelso 338miles, Perth 404miles, old birds, and Wetherby 216miles for young birds.
Good luck to you both, I look forward to seeing how you get on :D