First time out

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
George and Morgan

are they still on the breed and wean mix Andy
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:07 am are they still on the breed and wean mix Andy
They’re on a mix of breed and wean and an all round mix.

This is them out this afternoon.
IMG_3178.jpeg
IMG_3179.jpeg
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

they are very heavy in the moult Andy
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:37 pm they are very heavy in the moult Andy
Yes they are George for only being about 8 weeks old.
George and Morgan

i still think it's something you give them Andy
Buster121

Looking well Andy
Murray

They really are looking moulty. Bright and healthy though.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Andy

I did have a youngster missing last night after being out yesterday afternoon. There was no sign of it this morning even after having the widowers out. Still not here at midday but when checking in the loft when feeding them this afternoon, despite it being a horrible day weather wise, it was back in the loft. Not sure which one it was. I know it wasn’t the mealy, red grizzle, or dark chequer, so was one of the blues or blue chequers 😂🤣🤣😂
Buster121

Andy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:49 pm I did have a youngster missing last night after being out yesterday afternoon. There was no sign of it this morning even after having the widowers out. Still not here at midday but when checking in the loft when feeding them this afternoon, despite it being a horrible day weather wise, it was back in the loft. Not sure which one it was. I know it wasn’t the mealy, red grizzle, or dark chequer, so was one of the blues or blue chequers 😂🤣🤣😂
Good it is back safely
Andy

Being off work today I was able to watch the youngsters while they were out. I am making a new aviary for the front of their section so was out in the garden. I will hopefully finish it and get it fitted tomorrow. Some did have a little fly around but nothing much yet. They are still moulting quite a bit. I don’t know if they have been flying at all before as I haven’t been out there to see them. After a couple of hours I called them in. They are still trapping well. The aviary is similar to what they’re used to but just a bit bigger and with a wire bottom rather than a wooden one.