Yearling back from ...

Notifications
Clear all

Yearling back from Elgin

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I had the yearling hen back today from Elgin 457 miles. The race was on the 2nd July. So another one that has homed although rather late. I am now only 2 birds missing from the old bird races.shame I lost so many in training. I seem to be getting them back but need to be getting them much quicker. This one is from a cock from Trev. 

8FE2F9C7 D25F 4270 98D2 A3820EB014CA

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

Still good to see him home, Andy.

There's plenty that aren't.

I am good! They aren't firing rubber bullets at me. Yet.
Welcome to Victoria, 2021.

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Good to see still coming, she looks tired Andy and in need of some tlc, did the Irish hen ever return

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @buster121

Good to see still coming, she looks tired Andy and in need of some tlc, did the Irish hen ever return

Not yet mate. Still time for her yet lol. She is one of the 2 old birds I’m still missing. The other one is Phil’s cock from Elgin. 

She is a bit tired and a bit light. Of course what we don’t know is how far she has actually flown, where she’s been or how many miles has she flown in the day, couple of days, before she returned. My guess would be that she was a long way from home the day before yesterday and has flown a lot of miles. Or she was completely flown out initially, and of course it was during the hot dry period, and has taken a long time to recover.

As Murray says there are still a lot of pigeons that haven’t got home.  

This post was modified 2 months ago by Andy123

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

Buster121 liked
ReplyQuote