Updated 2021 race p...

Notifications
Clear all

Updated 2021 race program  

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
05/02/2021 9:30 pm  

I have paid all my subscriptions to the relevant clubs. Although the race program is still subject to change due to whatever happens with Covid restrictions, this is the race program as it stands at present. 

1/5.  Falaise.  178 miles 1398 yards.  BICC 

8/5.  Coutances.  145 miles 1357 yards.  CSCFC

15/5.  Alencon.  212 miles 979 yards.  BICC 

15/5.  Coutances.  145 miles 1357 yards.  BBC 

22/5.  Fougeres.  196 miles 188 yards.  NFC

29/5.  St Philbert p-Du-Peuple.  274 miles 1416 yards.  BICC 

29/5.  Messac.  225 miles 124 yards.  CSCFC 

5/6.  Messac.  225 miles 124 yards.  NFC

12/6.  Poitiers.  343 miles 386 yards.  BICC 

12/6.  Messac.  225 miles 124 yards.  BBC 

19/6.  Fougeres.  196 miles 188 yards.  CSCFC 

19/6.  Norte Sur Erdre.  253 miles 688 yards.  NFC

25/6.  Pau.  544 miles 304 yards.  BICC & International 

26/6.  Fougeres.  196 miles 188 yards.  CSCFC 

2/7.  Agen.  520 miles 428 yards.  BICC & International 

2/7.  Pau.  544 miles 304 yards.  CSCFC, BBC & NFC

9/7.  Barcelona.  708 miles 120 yards.  BICC, BBC & International 

10/7.  Sable Sur Sarthe.  241 miles 883 yards.  BICC 

16/7.  St Vincent.  515 miles 334 yards.  BICC & International 

16/7.  Bordeaux.  433 miles 1723 yards.  CSCFC & BBC 

17/7.  Norte Sur Erdre.  253 miles 688 yards.  BICC 

23/7.  Marseille.  655 miles 150 yards.  BICC & International 

24/7.  Sigogne.  382 miles 88 yards.  NFC

30/7.  Narbonne.  602 miles 1442 yards.  BICC & International 

31/7   Angouleme   394 miles 1651 yards   BICC 

6/8   Perpignan   636 miles 1248 yards   BICC & International 

Young birds:

21/8   Guernsey   109 miles 945 yards   CSCFC + Old Hens

28/8   Guernsey   109 miles 945 yards   BICC + Old Cocks & Hens

28/8   Coutances   145 miles 1357 yards   BBC + Old Hens

4/9   Coutances   145 miles 1357 yards   NFC + Old Hens

11/9   Vire   167 miles 836 yards   BICC + Old Cocks & Hens. 

As can be seen a very extensive program. Plenty of choice. 

buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
06/02/2021 6:13 am  

Plenty to choose from mate, we normally pay our subs January but think there waiting for covid restrictions to ease so they can have the agm same time

ReplyQuote
Bryngwynt
(@bryngwynt)
Famed Member Registered
06/02/2021 7:21 am  

A great race program something for everyone and a nice young bird program also.

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered
07/02/2021 6:36 pm  

Best of luck mate with the program ,plenty of thought as gone in to it ,with lead up races etc , 

ReplyQuote
grizzlecock
(@grizzlecock)
Reputable Member Registered
08/02/2021 11:01 am  

From where im standing with a glint in my eye at barcelona..few weymouths with club trainers....then

Messac in the classic 29th may

Messac in the NFC    5th June

Messac in the BBC   12th june

that gives us 3 weeks on the bounce @250miles.......with 3 weeks on open hole before Barcelona basketing sunday 4th july... perhaps 2 weymouths thursday/friday before basketing..if they are good enough you,ll get em

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
08/02/2021 1:34 pm  
Posted by: @grizzlecock

From where im standing with a glint in my eye at barcelona..few weymouths with club trainers....then

that gives us 3 weeks on the bounce @250miles.......with 3 weeks on open hole before Barcelona basketing sunday 4th july... perhaps 2 weymouths thursday/friday before basketing..if they are good enough you,ll get em

Sounds good John. The only problem I have with the NFC is where they are marking. If it’s still Barnstable it will be very difficult for me. They did mention coming back to Frome but not sure where they are at present. 

ReplyQuote
grizzlecock
(@grizzlecock)
08/02/2021 4:48 pm  
Posted by: @andy123

Sounds good John. The only problem I have with the NFC is where they are marking. If it’s still Barnstable it will be very difficult for me. They did mention coming back to Frome but not sure where they are at present.

now i understand why you go with bicc as youngbirds even thou its a  suicide mission every one......shame Palomas BBC national is not on the BIG race programme ..even if it was even every 3 years or so...it would make every bird think for itself and put into perspective the barcelona bicc results

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
08/02/2021 5:23 pm  

now i understand why you go with bicc as youngbirds even thou its a  suicide mission every one......shame Palomas BBC national is not on the BIG race programme ..even if it was even every 3 years or so...it would make every bird think for itself and put into perspective the barcelona bicc results

Sorry John, not Barnstable, Bridgwater. That’s one of the reasons I am planning on going to Pau with the CSCFC & BBC rather than the BICC international.

The really disappointing thing with the young birds last year was that I got 3 from 12 from the terrible BICC race when they were liberated at 1.00pm with fog along the South Coast. Very few day birds and none over our side of the country. But I then failed to get any from 10 from the same race point the following week with the CSCFC. Another hard race though with strong SW winds.

I’m still not particularly planning on racing the youngsters this year. They will be well trained and I will only send a few if I have too many birds left and want to test any of them. 

ReplyQuote
grizzlecock
(@grizzlecock)
08/02/2021 6:14 pm  

Sorry John, not Barnstable, Bridgwater. That’s one of the reasons I am planning on going to Pau with the CSCFC & BBC rather than the BICC international.

The really disappointing thing with the young birds last year was that I got 3 from 12 from the terrible BICC race when they were liberated at 1.00pm with fog along the South Coast. Very few day birds and none over our side of the country. But I then failed to get any from 10 from the same race point the following week with the CSCFC. Another hard race though with strong SW winds.

I’m still not particularly planning on racing the youngsters this year. They will be well trained and I will only send a few if I have too many birds left and want to test any of them. 

The reason fanciers race those nat youngbird races across the pond is simply because they need to get rid of birds very early..most are sprint and by the end of the  yearling stage,their days are numbered..whereas you have  a totally different view and your team  will be able to race distance up at least 5-7 years old .

Your idea/system/method is and will evolve year by year to suit yourself and lifesyle andy.

When the forum was discussing methods over the autumn /winter i really liked the thoughts of only breeding off oldbirds that had put up good work that season and bred youngsters after the races august time in beautiful long warm days...some training before end of year then bring them back the next season for 1or 2 short comeback races july time

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
08/02/2021 8:42 pm  

The reason fanciers race those nat youngbird races across the pond is simply because they need to get rid of birds very early..most are sprint and by the end of the  yearling stage,their days are numbered..whereas you have  a totally different view and your team  will be able to race distance up at least 5-7 years old .

Your idea/system/method is and will evolve year by year to suit yourself and lifesyle andy.

When the forum was discussing methods over the autumn /winter i really liked the thoughts of only breeding off oldbirds that had put up good work that season and bred youngsters after the races august time in beautiful long warm days...some training before end of year then bring them back the next season for 1or 2 short comeback races july time

I like the idea of that. I do still need to have members birds in every year from those who want to send them and certainly wouldn’t stop doing that as this venture is for all our members that want to be involved. I am and have been playing around with different ideas as we find a system that suits. 

I do agree with you though that young bird racing, especially in the Nationals, is more for those after the glory of winning a national and not for those looking too the future. I already realise from last year that racing them as youngsters doesn’t seem necessary as our first 2 yearlings from Poitiers 343 miles weren’t raced as youngsters and were only having their second ever race. It will be interesting to see how’s these race this year along with the un-raced youngsters from last year.

I do think that I need to not get to eager and push them to far to soon. This years 2 year olds have only had 2 or 3 races in their life so far. Also need to realise that I don’t have to send every week, although would be nice to send something most weeks. But all aimed at preparation for their target races.

I am going to take a few youngsters from the 2 year olds and older that performed best last year. But will also breed some latebreds from the ones that perform best this year. I have 4 latebreds from last year that are looking really nice now, so will be interesting to see how these go. 

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
09/02/2021 9:49 am  

Good luck mate hope all goes to plan and the results come for you all

ReplyQuote