Notifications
Clear all

Possible racing 2020  

Page 2 / 2

stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
17/05/2020 9:56 pm  

Well done John. I hope you don't mind but I've printed your protocal off and will see how it compares to our club/fed one if we get one.

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
18/05/2020 12:45 pm  

up to date from rpra on chat

ReplyQuote
jmccall
(@www-propertymaintenanceleeds-co-uk)
Estimable Member Registered
18/05/2020 3:35 pm  

they just have to have more stations basketing spread apart same again a runner in car park or few runners as cars arrive given a number and stay in car till number called it’s not difficult just as many ways as possible to reduce contact and clean items handled sanitise hands and clock between each member with a basic kitchen bleach wipe  

if doctors and nurses can manage amongst rooms full of Covid patients I’m sure we can maintain hygiene between a few pigeon men

(mmmmmm maybe that’s asking a lot one or two that haven’t washed there hands in years 😂)

ReplyQuote
jmccall
(@www-propertymaintenanceleeds-co-uk)
Estimable Member Registered
18/05/2020 6:19 pm  
Posted by: @buster121

Very impressed and well done John

John Meditech have started selling face guards £1.49 each which is a very good price, also masks  and sanitizer

I ordered 20 face visors 30 masks 10 bottles of hand sanitizer today and with the 24hr delivery of £4.50 was under £65 

these are as cheap as you will find anywhere thanks buster 

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
18/05/2020 8:47 pm  
Posted by: @www-propertymaintenanceleeds-co-uk
Posted by: @buster121

Very impressed and well done John

John Meditech have started selling face guards £1.49 each which is a very good price, also masks  and sanitizer

I ordered 20 face visors 30 masks 10 bottles of hand sanitizer today and with the 24hr delivery of £4.50 was under £65 

these are as cheap as you will find anywhere thanks buster 

Glad to be of help mate

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
18/05/2020 9:08 pm  

The race Marking suggestions by the RPRA will be an impossibility for Nationals and Classics and nye on impossible for clubs. How many clubs can make up a team of 4 members only from 2 different households. 

At the markings I go too for the Nationals/Classics there can easily be 50/60 members. I reckon with only 4 markers with the protocol suggested it would take about 10 minutes per member to put their birds through. That could take up to 10 hours to mark them. 

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
18/05/2020 9:38 pm  

Have had the Rpra report sent to me by our Club Secretary today and as you say Andy it is going to make it very difficult for many clubs/organisations to comply but they do have a duty to ensure the pigeon racing community operates within the Government guidelines. It will be very difficult for our club as out of the six  members who regularly send 4 of them fall well into the vulnerable category and they are also the guys who know how to set and read the conventional clocks. I would of course do whatever I can to make racing possible but due to work wouldn't necessarily be available every week, we do however mark outside so may well be able to combine with another club to make it work. We will just have to see what our Federation come up with. The one thing the bigger organisations may have to do is put a limit on birdage but would this then make the race unviable !! There is a lot to work out in just over two weeks if the first weekend in June is going to be possible especially as we can't have any meetings to discuss the possibilities. 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
23/05/2020 2:15 pm  

Had an update from the BICC that racing will start on 13th June as per the program I posted. 

Marking for me is between 8.00am & 11.00am. I should be able to get an early slot which will enable me to get the birds marked and get back to open the shop. It’s an hour and a half round trip for me. 

So just 3 weeks time. First race Falaise 178 miles to me. 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
23/05/2020 3:50 pm  

The same week the BICC start the BBC are starting from Sennen Cove 158 miles and the week after the CSCFC are at Wadebridge 111 miles. I won’t be sending to either of these though as they are both inland races. 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
23/05/2020 11:04 pm  

A spanner may have been put in the works already. Although the French pigeon association has said that they would issue permits to allow liberations in France the French government has said that it is non essential travel and they won’t be allowing any liberations until at least the middle of June. Then this afternoon in response to the uk government saying that people returning from abroad will have to self isolate for 14 days, although it looked like lorry drivers would be exempt, the French government have said that anyone entering France from the U.K. will have to isolate for 14 days in France. The French don’t like the fact that they aren’t getting their own way over Brexit. 

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
24/05/2020 8:40 am  
Posted by: @andy123

A spanner may have been put in the works already. Although the French pigeon association has said that they would issue permits to allow liberations in France the French government has said that it is non essential travel and they won’t be allowing any liberations until at least the middle of June. Then this afternoon in response to the uk government saying that people returning from abroad will have to self isolate for 14 days, although it looked like lorry drivers would be exempt, the French government have said that anyone entering France from the U.K. will have to isolate for 14 days in France. The French don’t like the fact that they aren’t getting their own way over Brexit. 

That sounds frustrating and very typical of the French. I wonder what that means for haulage firms, will they do the same with them and will we expect their drivers coming over here to go into quarantine too I wonder 🤔🤔

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2