Hens getting keen

Notifications
Clear all

Hens getting keen

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Some of our hens are getting keen to pair up and getting very friendly. When I go into clean the hens out I have trouble. When trying to scrape the floor I have 5 hens that are cooing around me, fanning their wings and tails and generally getting in the way while I’m trying to scrape out. They jump on my back cooing in my ear and on my arms. A couple are looking to pair together. I know their both hens as they are 2 that coo after me. I love having nice friendly pigeons but they do make things take longer. This is the worse one.

BFDAF3BC 10CE 4AF3 A17A 03DD413761B1

Even when she was just starting to fly out she used to follow me around the garden.

F02898B4 40CB 4A6E A6CD 30D1332DAA33

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by Andy123

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Nice hen there mate, I have thrown loads eggs away over last couple weeks some are just going down again mine are never parted but I took bowls out hoping would stop them a bit but this mild weather to blame

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

Lovely hen Andy. 

Mine are like that, a lot of them. It is a pain at times, but I rather have then perched on me when I am scraping out than have wild ones crashing around and pretending they are facing imminent death when you go in there. 😀 

I

ReplyQuote
devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin

Very nice hen there Andy, she looks a cracker.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Nice looking bird Andy 👍it is nice to have them quiet and friendly like that.

Had my cocks out yesterday while I cleaned them out, they were strutting around like mad, the hens turn today 👍

As you say Buster this mild weather is certainly making them keener. 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thanks for the comments. This is a young hen bred from a pair of stock birds from John & Ben. Her dam is very friendly, as is her sister and brother. She has been trained as a youngster but not raced yet. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

Buster121 liked
ReplyQuote