Had one back today

Notifications
Clear all

Had one back today

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

When I clean and feed out in the morning I usually drop the fronts on the loft. Mainly to allow more air to flow through the loft.

When I feed in the morning it’s the only time I get with the birds and leave some food down for them during the day. When I went to take the food away this evening I noticed a youngster had returned at some point during the day. 

989493C6 B9FF 46EF 8AE2 7403FB3ABE2A

She was lost from the first young bird race on the 20th August. She is in pretty good condition, although as can be seen her rings were covered in river sand. 

She is one that I bred for Murray and is out of a cock that I had also bred for Murray out of the Red cock from Magic x the grizzle hen from George.

Her Dam was a latebred out of a cock from John & Ben that was 2nd bird from Poitiers 343 miles x a hen from Pete that was 3rd bird from Poitiers 343 miles. Both these birds flew Poitiers as yearlings but were lost from the disastrous 18 mile trainer earlier this year. 

Always nice to see one return. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin

Good to hear mate, it does make you wonder where they go.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @devo56

And what makes them think it’s time to find home. It is turning colder and feed getting shorter. Maybe that’s the trigger. But as you said mate it would be great to know where they have been. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

Great to see that one home, Andy.

After a winter at home she might do really well as an old bird. 

Who knows where she has been or how far she has traveled.

I am good! They aren't firing rubber bullets at me. Yet.
Welcome to Victoria, 2021.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Posted by: @andy123
Posted by: @devo56

And what makes them think it’s time to find home. It is turning colder and feed getting shorter. Maybe that’s the trigger. But as you said mate it would be great to know where they have been. 

Great to see them making their way back home over the winter, I think one of the biggest driving factors in getting them moving is that as next years crops are now in the ground there is very little to no food left in the fields. 

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Looking really well and if they are her droppings they look good as well, glad another home mate as Murray says maybe do well next year at least she knows how to get home now

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote