Notifications
Clear all

First young bird race

Page 1 / 2

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I went to marking for our first young bird race this morning. This is from Ilkeston 140 miles with the CSCFC. I have sent 10 youngsters. I must say that I struggled a bit to find 10 that were sufficiently covered in feathers especially around the ears and head. 

It is quite likely that they are going to be Liberated tomorrow according to the CSCFC website and an email I have received due to the bad forecast for the weekend. A good decision I think. 

Our birds sent are:

GB21B04322 B.CH H bred from the stock birds from John & Ben

GB21B04329 B.CH.PD H bred from a cock from John & Ben X the Irish hen.

GB21B04331 B C bred from a stock pair from John & Ben

GB21B04335 B.CH.PD H bred from a cock from Phil X a hen of mine

GB21B04339 R.GRIZ C bred for Murray from a cock bred for Murray that was bred from a cock from Magic X a hen from George. The dam was bred from a cock from John & Ben X a hen from Pete.

GB21B04376 GRIZZLE H bred by Trev

GB21B04380 B.CH.PD C bred by Trev

GB21C08562 B.CH.PD H bred by George 

GB21C08570 B.CH.W/F H bred by George 

GB21R18916 D.CH H bred by Potter

I have already entered 8 to the same race point next weekend with the BBC. I can add more if I want to on the day of marking. 

My plan would then be to send any that come back from these 2 races, if right, to Wakefield 184 miles on 11th September, which is a race that I can duplicate in both the CSCFC & BBC. Any that don’t go next week and haven’t gone today won’t be raced as youngsters. 

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Andy123

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered

good luck Andy lets hope for a good race 

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Good luck Andy and all breeders, lets have a bit of sunshine shine on results for you all

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I will update tomorrow but looking like they will definitely be liberated tomorrow morning according to their website. 

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered

Best of luck mate ,

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)

Best of luck Andy.

ReplyQuote
George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered

good luck Andy with the team

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Our birds were liberated at 9.00am this morning in sunshine and a light SW wind. All headed South on one batch. 🤞

There were a total of 1600 birds sent. In my section 13 members sent 214 birds. 

Good luck all. 

ReplyQuote
George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered

good luck Andy

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Good luck Andy

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Well done Andy provisional 101st open 9th section

ReplyQuote
George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered

very well done Andy hope rest make it in to-morrow 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thanks Buster & George but it was a bit of a disaster all round really. 

I only got the one pigeon from the 10 sent. Having said that out of 101 members that sent only 76 timed in. So only 3/4 of those that sent timed a pigeon.

The one I did get was GB21B04335 B.Ch.Pd hen. She is out of a cock from Phil X a hen of my own breeding. 

Back too the beginning of the day. The birds were liberated at 9.00am into sunshine and a light SW wind. I thought they should be doing around 40 mph, so was thinking I would want one between 12.15 & 12.30. These times came and went. At 12.50 a pigeon landed on the house roof. I called but got no response before realising it was a stray that has been hanging around for the past week. Phil phoned just after 1.00 to say that he had timed 2 at 12.54 & 12.58. He does fly 11 miles short of me on the North Road. At about 1.30 I had a pigeon circle and land on the house roof, they nearly always land up there before dropping down onto the loft. I thought I know who it was and called it but it didn’t move. After a few minutes I got one of my old cocks out and let him fly back to the loft to try to encourage her down, but nothing. After over half an hour I was getting fed up. I went back down into the shop and Roxanna went out to see if she could get a response but still no reaction. She then went off for a fly before coming back down into the pub roof a bit further away from the loft. I had come to the conclusion then that we had been trying to get yet another stray down. I went up to check the loft a few times during the afternoon. The pigeon out had gone off for a fly a couple of times. I went up again just after 4.15 and she took off from the house roof went round a few times before landing back on the house roof beside the loft and came straight down and in. I couldn’t really believe that she had been there nearly 3 hours before deciding to come in. It was the pigeon that I had initially thought it was. On handling her you wouldn’t think she had been anywhere. Not a feather out of place, no weight loss and still in great condition. She obviously wasn’t hungry or thirsty. So she should have been timed in considerably earlier than she was, about 3 hours lol. 

All the early times were down the East of the country so looks like they went over that way possibly due to bad weather in the west on the way down the country. It has been cloudy all day here with some dark clouds and drizzle at times. If ours went over to the East they will hopefully work their way back over the next couple of days. Unfortunately the weather doesn’t look great for the weekend. 

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Hope they are there today mate, I could see from following race timers was a bit of a bugger, weather not good at all at present anywhere

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thanks mate. They will do well to get back today with the forecast, but let’s hope so. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2