Notifications
Clear all

CSCFC Coutances liberation.  

Page 1 / 2

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
22/08/2020 8:56 am  

our birds from Coutances have been liberated at 8.00 into clear skies and a moderate SW breeze 15mph. Channel is clear with a fresh 20/25mph WSW. 

Good luck with yours Steve. 

stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
22/08/2020 9:13 am  

Same to you Andy. I think with that wind you will need it, Its blowing a gale here and the inland birds are doing over 2200ypm

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
22/08/2020 5:06 pm  

It's been a tough day again especially for those birds trying to head west 😕😕 we have had strong south/south west winds most of the day and have had several showers (some quite heavy) coming in from the west also.

My birds weren't quite that fast Steve but were still doing around 1800ypm the guys up Reigate should take the spoils in our fed I would think. 

I know poor Andy has suffered again today 😥 hope you faired better Steve. 

This post was modified 5 months ago by Trevor Hodges

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Famed Member Registered
22/08/2020 5:17 pm  

Congrats to Steve and Paul in the old hen race. Hope you get one soon Andy!

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
22/08/2020 10:04 pm  

We  ended up with 15/20 hens. a couple of rely good 4 year old's missing. Mum And dad did exeptionaly well they sent two YB's to the classic and finished provionally 3rd and 4th section. well done to them. The second  one is from a pair of yearlings Paul sent to them in February for there stock loft. The first one was from a pair of nestmates Paul gave them that should have gone to a breeder buyer sale that was cancelled and the nest mate to this was there first bird in the club today. Well done mum and dad

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
22/08/2020 10:04 pm  

Thanks Les

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
22/08/2020 10:11 pm  

Well done Steve and Paul in the old hens and Mum and dad in the young birds.

A disastrous race for me again. I haven’t got anything back yet. Returns weren’t very good over this side of the country. Most of the members that sent old birds timed in but less than half of those that sent youngsters did. Those that did time in were virtually all before 12.10. Only a couple after. The early ones didn’t make bad time and weren’t far apart. I think a couple of batches of old birds came on a more direct line and a few youngsters came with them. The rest probably went with the bulk of the birds over to the East where they were fast but haven’t then come back over this side against the strong SW wind. Hopefully this week at least they have made dry land and will come back in the next couple of days. 

After 2 bad weeks racing I am very fed up tonight and sorry to members who’s birds I feel I have let down. I am seriously considering whether trying to give the youngsters a race is worth it. I may just train them well next year instead. I do know that a lot of top distance flyers don’t race youngsters. I still have 10 youngsters here and apart from Leslie at present, sorry Leslie, I have something from all members that sent birds, including 8 that haven’t raced so will be interesting to see how they do next year. Most of the better yearlings this year weren’t raced as youngsters last year so didn’t seem to make much difference whether they raced as youngsters or not. I am glad that for me the season is over. I will do a roundup after we see if any of the missing ones return. 

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
22/08/2020 11:22 pm  

Thank you Andy from all of us here. Were keeping our fingers crossed that you get some back Andy, But I did fear for you after seeing the forecast, Your idea of not racing YB's is one option and you won't know unless you try, I do feel you should keep going with your Barcelona challenge, all be it down a different route. I'm sure the members wont put any blame on you and have complete faith in you after all you can only try your best  

ReplyQuote
grizzlecock
(@grizzlecock)
Reputable Member Registered
23/08/2020 1:10 am  

You have not let anyone down Andy,its just what happens in the pigeon sport .....everyone gets a good kicking every so often....take it on the chin and carry on .......all the lads on this forum are looking at you to take us on that long journey to Barcelona.....it doesnt matter how long it takes......main thing is getting there.......most of us have for 1 reason or another no chance of ever racing Barcelona...so all our hopes are on you.....

ps  keep the updates coming......from the heart...johnny

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
23/08/2020 7:30 am  

Grizzlecock said it perfectly.

No one feels let down. We all share your disappointment. 

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)
23/08/2020 9:28 am  

You definitely have not let any one down Andy,  without you and roxanna  most of us would not be able to race Barcelona,  on wards and upwards. 

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
23/08/2020 10:09 am  
Posted by: @stevekulpa

We  ended up with 15/20 hens. a couple of rely good 4 year old's missing. Mum And dad did exeptionaly well they sent two YB's to the classic and finished provionally 3rd and 4th section. well done to them. The second  one is from a pair of yearlings Paul sent to them in February for there stock loft. The first one was from a pair of nestmates Paul gave them that should have gone to a breeder buyer sale that was cancelled and the nest mate to this was there first bird in the club today. Well done mum and dad

Well done Steve and to both the Kulpa teams Senior and Junior, a great weekend for you all 👏👏👏

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
23/08/2020 10:27 am  
Posted by: @andy123

Well done Steve and Paul in the old hens and Mum and dad in the young birds.

A disastrous race for me again. I haven’t got anything back yet. Returns weren’t very good over this side of the country. Most of the members that sent old birds timed in but less than half of those that sent youngsters did. Those that did time in were virtually all before 12.10. Only a couple after. The early ones didn’t make bad time and weren’t far apart. I think a couple of batches of old birds came on a more direct line and a few youngsters came with them. The rest probably went with the bulk of the birds over to the East where they were fast but haven’t then come back over this side against the strong SW wind. Hopefully this week at least they have made dry land and will come back in the next couple of days. 

After 2 bad weeks racing I am very fed up tonight and sorry to members who’s birds I feel I have let down. I am seriously considering whether trying to give the youngsters a race is worth it. I may just train them well next year instead. I do know that a lot of top distance flyers don’t race youngsters. I still have 10 youngsters here and apart from Leslie at present, sorry Leslie, I have something from all members that sent birds, including 8 that haven’t raced so will be interesting to see how they do next year. Most of the better yearlings this year weren’t raced as youngsters last year so didn’t seem to make much difference whether they raced as youngsters or not. I am glad that for me the season is over. I will do a roundup after we see if any of the missing ones return. 

Sorry to hear you still haven't seen any birds back Andy, fingers crossed some make it in today 🤞🤞

As others have already said you haven't let the birds or the members down, we all knew it was going to be a long and bumpy journey. As we all know it can years of heart ache trying to build up a consistent and reliable team of pigeons especially when aiming for the distance. Unfortunately where you are positioned the wind and the drag is mostly going to be against you but you have had some particularly difficult races to contend with this year and last. The first young bird race this year was definitely an error in judgement by the BICC and yesterday's was just unfortunate with the strength of the Westerly wind. 

You just need to pick yourself up take stock of what you have and start planning for next year. You may have lost a few too many but the birds you have left are becoming more experienced so the team is still slowing developing year on year. As I said from the start I have every faith in you bruv, its trial and error and you are still in the early stages of finding a system that works so keep plugging away and I'm sure you will get there. 

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Famed Member Registered
23/08/2020 11:52 am  

These things happen Andy. We don't blame you for what happen. The weather is always the deciding factor in pigeon racing. This year i've had two birds with broken legs, one with a badly injured wing, one ripped up by a hawk and five birds never seen again from one 16 mile training toss. I kept thinking what did i do wrong? The answer to that question was 'it's pigeon racing'

Please carry on Andy, we will still send you birds. Take care mate.

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

ReplyQuote
bkays
(@bkays)
Reputable Member Registered
23/08/2020 10:54 pm  

Everyone takes a hammering in pigeon racing. We had two which pretty much ended our entire old bird team. One was Saran in the BICC (I think Wilf Reed had the only bird back in the west section on the day). The other was just an inland combine race to Bedhampton. We sent being convinced there would be a hold-over and that the birds would be up on Sunday which was looking half decent.

Well they went up on the Saturday. We had better returns from the 3 Barcelona races we sent to. Than this inland Bedhampton race. We were so gutted and pissed off we never went back to the club to get our clock read off. We had 2 back from everything we sent . We would have won the club with our first bird but at that point we couldn't care less.

An inland race wiped us out. We lost loads of really good birds that day never to be seen again (I think we may have lost our bird that was 2nd section 27th open Barcelona from that race too, bad memory) So we know how you feel., but we've all been enjoying the updates and the races. Like with any adventure you take the ups with the downs. You've had some really good results though. Just the wind was going in the wrong direction and that's all it takes for a smash.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2