Birds marked for Co...

Notifications
Clear all

Birds marked for Coutances CSCFC  

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
20/08/2020 9:58 pm  

This morning I marked 10 young birds for Coutances with the CSCFC. Hopefully it will be a better weekend than last. This will be my last race for this season. It will leave us with 8 un-raced youngsters. These are falling apart around the head. 

The ones marked today are:

GB20B08414 Blue Chequer Hen bred by myself

GB20B08416 Dark Chequer W/F Hen bred by Phil

GB20B08419 Dark Chequer Cock bred by Leslie

GB20B08420 Blue Cock bred by Leslie

GB20B08433 Blue Chequer Cock bred by myself for Muzza

GB20B08434 Blue Cock bred by myself

GB20B08443 Blue Chequer Hen bred by Trev

GB20B08444 Blue Chequer Hen bred by Trev

GB20B08445 Red Grizzle Hen bred by myself 

GB20B08448 Red Chequer Hen bred by myself 

stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
20/08/2020 10:39 pm  

Its a better week end weather wise Andy but the wind will make it a challenge for any birds on the west side. Good luck and lets hope you returns are good also

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
20/08/2020 10:49 pm  

@stevekulpa

Thanks Steve, best of luck to you too. At least this week they shouldn’t be pulled quite so far over to the East. As long as their given a fair chance. I’m not particularly worried about where I come just want them back for the experience. 

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
21/08/2020 9:00 am  

It is a terrible shame that so many of your young birds have been lost, and all that work is undone.

I really hope you get a good result this week, so you can feel a bit more positive as you put them away.

It is gut wrenching, I know. I have lost about 16 from training tosses in the last couple of weeks. Had one reported and collected it.

Probably falcons, but maybe they were not much good. As soon as they got hit, they lost the plot. The ones that are left are doing everything right, and If I am honest, the loft is less crowded and the overall quality has improved.

Best of luck for this weekend, Andy.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
grizzlecock
(@grizzlecock)
Estimable Member Registered
21/08/2020 7:10 pm  

Those poor youngsters...rip-snorting west wind tearing through the channel......

ReplyQuote
bkays
(@bkays)
Estimable Member Registered
21/08/2020 7:26 pm  

Hopefully it dies down a bit, xcweather have it around 25mph WSW in the channel and around 18mph WSW inland. 

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
22/08/2020 7:56 am  

Good luck Andy & Steve

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)
22/08/2020 8:11 am  

Best of luck Andy and steve today and all racing this weekend. 

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
22/08/2020 8:52 am  

Saturday 22nd August: The birds were liberated at 8am into a moderate breeze (15 mph)
from West South West.
Birds cleared in one bunch.
The channel is clear with sunshine and some isolated showers and a 20 to 25 mph strong breeze
varying from the South West to West. The same conditions apply over the whole of the classic
area for most of the day.
Good luck to you all. Clive Merrills 

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
22/08/2020 5:00 pm  

A bit late to wish you all good luck, with the wind the way it's been down here today the birds over the west are going to have taken a hammering again, they won't have needed other birds to drag them east or north. 

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
23/08/2020 3:07 pm  

At 1.30 today we had another hen from the classic a 4 year old that's been over the channel countless times, She's one of the biggest hens we have and carries a lot of body weight ,But she totally flown out just laid in the middle of the floor to tired to stand up, Not much hope for any young birds

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
23/08/2020 3:55 pm  

Good to see another one home Steve, hope she recovers. Still haven’t seen any myself 😔

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
23/08/2020 5:01 pm  

Keep hoping Andy you never know

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
23/08/2020 7:35 pm  
Posted by: @stevekulpa

At 1.30 today we had another hen from the classic a 4 year old that's been over the channel countless times, She's one of the biggest hens we have and carries a lot of body weight ,But she totally flown out just laid in the middle of the floor to tired to stand up, Not much hope for any young birds

Obviously a gutsy little bird Steve, glad she made it home.

Sadly it's not been the best day for youngsters again especially those that gave their all yesterday, it's not been too windy here but there have been a few showers. You just have to hope that after a couple of days rest some will pick themselves up and get home. 

I had 3 birds home this week (2 youngsters and 1 late bred yearling) that have been missing for a fortnight, all a bit thin and one that looks like a streeter but otherwise all seem ok. I know they were only lost from short inland races but it just shows that some do still make it home eventually. 

ReplyQuote