Notifications
Clear all

BBC National

Page 1 / 3

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

After a disappointing weekend last weekend I have sent 8 birds to Ilkeston again this week with the BBC. The ones sent are: 2 from George, 1 from Trev that was bred for Murray, a son from a cock from John & Ben x a hen from Devo & CDBL, a son that I bred for Murray out of Pete’s Muzzabella x a cock from John & Ben and 3 from the stock birds from John & Ben. 

The really disappointing thing about last weekend is that I have had nothing work back. So apart from the one I had on the day the only other one is the grizzle hen from Trev that was reported in Gloucester and returned this morning after being brought back much closer to home. 

Lets hope for a much better race this weekend. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Hope you get a good one mate and they all return safely, cannot make any sense of all the losses lately but for sure not all down to bops

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote
George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered

good luck Andy let's hope for a good race and  returns  

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @buster121

Hope you get a good one mate and they all return safely, cannot make any sense of all the losses lately but for sure not all down to bops

Thanks mate and I agree all these losses cannot be just down to BOPS. They will cause havoc when going into batches of pigeons and some may become victims but the majority should still return. There is something else this year that has caused all the losses. 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Birds liberated at 8.00am in North wind. 

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)

Best of luck Andy, hope you have a good race with better returns.

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

None back yet mate?

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

None back yet mate?

It has been a bad day again today. A lot of birds missing on what should have been a good racing day. 

I did get one at 19.28 this evening but not verified. It is GB21B04356 B.CH   Cock that I bred for Murray out of Pete’s Muzzabella x a cock from John & Ben. He is a little light but still good considering he flew 11hrs 28mins. I am pleased to get him back and could be one for the future. Hopefully I will get some more tomorrow. 

I’m not going to race anymore this year. Just want them to have a good moult now. I have still got plenty for next season.

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Posted by: @andy123

None back yet mate?

It has been a bad day again today. A lot of birds missing on what should have been a good racing day. 

I did get one at 19.28 this evening but not verified. It is GB21B04356 B.CH   Cock that I bred for Murray out of Pete’s Muzzabella x a cock from John & Ben. He is a little light but still good considering he flew 11hrs 28mins. I am pleased to get him back and could be one for the future. Hopefully I will get some more tomorrow. 

I’m not going to race anymore this year. Just want them to have a good moult now. I have still got plenty for next season.

Pleased to see one made it, hope others turn in ok mate, finishing for the year probably best the way things going, any ideas as to why a bad day again

While sitting in garden this afternoon a batch went over my head going like the clappers at roof height and coming from a south west way, apart from them only seen one other bird all afternoon that came from a north west direction and headed east

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@buster121 I don’t know mate. There were a few that were doing good velocities in the 1500s ypm, but then the velocities dropped off quick with only 80 pigeons verified. The BICC weren’t any better with the winner doing 1205ypm but a lot of those timed were doing less than 800ypm. 

Like you I saw a batch of 200/300 going west to east around 11.30 and then just 3 together a bit later. While waiting I noticed how still everything was. The clouds were hardly moving, everything was silent and there were no birds flying anywhere, usually have crows, buzzards, seagulls, wood pigeons flying around but nothing. When I looked in the loft all my birds were quite happy just laying on the floor or in perches, none of the cocks were cooing around. Just seemed a very strange day. 

I am pleased with the one I got, especially for the hours he had been flying. 

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

@buster121 I don’t know mate. There were a few that were doing good velocities in the 1500s ypm, but then the velocities dropped off quick with only 80 pigeons verified. The BICC weren’t any better with the winner doing 1205ypm but a lot of those timed were doing less than 800ypm. 

Like you I saw a batch of 200/300 going west to east around 11.30 and then just 3 together a bit later. While waiting I noticed how still everything was. The clouds were hardly moving, everything was silent and there were no birds flying anywhere, usually have crows, buzzards, seagulls, wood pigeons flying around but nothing. When I looked in the loft all my birds were quite happy just laying on the floor or in perches, none of the cocks were cooing around. Just seemed a very strange day. 

I am pleased with the one I got, especially for the hours he had been flying. 

Was quiet here as well even the boss said about it, about 5pm she said look at all them when I did it was a load of about 100 seagulls just flying round and round her comment was, look at how many there are and not one bit of noise from them they were silent

I would be pleased as well he has done well

This post was modified 2 months ago by Buster121

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

So strange mate. This morning totally different, my birds are flying well and high in clear blue skies and there are lots of different wild birds flying around and making their various calls. 

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

So strange mate. This morning totally different, my birds are flying well and high in clear blue skies and there are lots of different wild birds flying around and making their various calls. 

Any more back yet Andy

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I had a phone call from a fancier in Portsmouth to say he had one of my pigeons in. It was the Grizzle cock 78 that Trev bred for Murray. Nearer to Trev than me lol. I’m not surprised that they have ended up down that way as most of the leading birds were down Southampton, Isle of White. After initially wondering how the best way was to get him back we decided to make the journey ourselves to pick him up. It’s 60 miles in a straight line but 78 miles driving. We did call into Salisbury on the way back so Roxanna could do a bit of shopping lol. 

When we got home I did find another one back. A blue cock from the stock birds. I had left the clock running and he registered at 15.37. He does look very tired but handles ok. Happy to have him home. 

ReplyQuote
Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Good to see they coming mate

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3