BBC alternative pro...

Notifications
Clear all

BBC alternative program

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

The BBC have today put up their alternative North Road program.

NORTH ROAD RACE PROGRAMME FOR 2021
The British Barcelona Club Committee have organised a North Road Race Programme for this season due to the current situation with the EU Animal Transportation Certificate on whether we are permitted to fly the channel at this present time given the current Rules and Regulations required.
We have taken in to account our members in Section E and understand that some of them will be quite short flyers for the first couple of races, we have also tried to avoid certain areas where the Pennines are and other hilly parts.
If channel racing becomes available at any time we will go across to France. These dates are also subject to the General Licence being reinstated in order for us to race.
1st Race – Saturday 15th May ILKESTON, Derbyshire (code 4232)
2nd Race – Saturday 12th June BLAYDON, County Durham (code 4236) 3rd Race – Saturday 26th June BERWICK, Northumberland (code 4008) 4th Race – Friday 2nd July FRASERBURGH (code 4036)
5th Race – Friday 16th July THURSO (code 4115)
YB/OH Race – Saturday 28th August To be decided
For the last two old bird races from Fraserburgh and Thurso we will be joining up with the CSCFC and going together.
The birdage costs will be reduced per race as well.
ILKESTON £2.50 per bird – BLAYDON £2.50 per bird – BERWICK £3.00 per bird – FRASERBURGH £4.00 per bird – THURSO £5.00 per bird
Clare Norman. 133 Laundry Road, Shirley Warren, Southampton, SO16 6AR. Tele: 02380 573919 Email: [email protected] Website: www.britishbarcelonaclub.com

With the CSCFC yesterday and the BBC today it is still giving us some useful races although a different test for our pigeons. 

I can’t see us racing from France until at least end of May given that so much of the country is being shut down for a month due to COVID. 

rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

Andy if they were to race north road would you race your ybs

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

I would love to race north road

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

I think the  rpra olr  race north

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @rainbow

Andy if they were to race north road would you race your ybs

If they race North I probably will do, but at present they are still looking to race South, probably from Guernsey. 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @rainbow

I think the  rpra olr  race north

Yes they do George. 

rainbow liked
ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @buster121

I would love to race north road

It would be different Steve. I always used to race North when at Worthing back in the 80s and 90s. Racing from Thurso and Lerwick. 

Thurso is still a good test for us at 522 miles. Lerwick would be still over 600 miles. It would mean that in the Nationals and Classics we would be one of the longer fliers and into a headwind most weeks would certainly be a good test for them. 

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

reading the BHW this morning and racing from FRANCE the problem with Brexit is we are no longer member of the EU as the EU agreed  racing can go ahead within the EU hope I  got it right this time

ReplyQuote
grizzlecock
(@grizzlecock)
Reputable Member Registered

@rainbow,  our problem has always been the french...they just dont like us...but we certainly dont need to track through france...we proved that ...theres no need to train through france for older ...wiser pigeons..i remember 20 years back when we couldnt race through france...we just turned them east across belgium then jumped and turned them them back south into spain what a magnificent race clocking mulitiple timings on the day. this shows every cloud has a silver lining thou that day it was golden..lol

This post was modified 1 month ago by grizzlecock

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

and I thought it was because we are not in the EU

ReplyQuote