A quick loft update

Notifications
Clear all

A quick loft update

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Not much to report on at the moment but just wanted to give a quick update.

The race team are still separated at the moment and haven’t been let out for a few weeks now. Partly due to the rules around avian flu but also as the hens are in the young bird loft they probably won’t trap into there but want to go back into the old bird loft. 

All the race birds were vaccinated for PMV on Sunday. Usually one of my sons helps me vaccinate them, but due to the current lockdown and restrictions he couldn’t do it. So Roxanna agreed to help me. Although she helps cleaning out and feeding the birds, and they certainly respond to her, she hasn’t really handled any before. I had put them all in the basket and handed them to her to hold while I injected them. All went well and we got through them all quite quickly. Some of the cocks are rather big for Roxanna to hold but she managed ok. 

On handling them they all handled and looked well, the odd ones probably a bit overweight, but that will soon come off once they start going out again. 

They won’t be being paired up again until the middle of February at least. 

There are 6 pairs of race birds that I am going to take a round from. 

The 4 stock pairs that I have from John & Ben have all paired up now. I just left them to pair up how they wanted. One pair have a pair of 5 day old youngsters. Another pair are on eggs. One of the other pairs have just paired up. The other pair were the first one to pair up. Their first round I replaced with pot eggs. This last round she only laid one egg that got broken. She should lay again soon. Hopefully this time they’ll be ok. 

Well that wasn’t that quick after all 😂😂. 

buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Hope all goes to plan mate, I have to get some more pot eggs as when Angie was looking after birds I asked her to throw eggs away and forgot to say about some on pot so all went

ReplyQuote
Bryngwynt
(@bryngwynt)
Famed Member Registered

Another good read and keeps members upto date on what is going on in the loft.Hope all goes to plan with the breeding Andy.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @buster121

Hope all goes to plan mate, I have to get some more pot eggs as when Angie was looking after birds I asked her to throw eggs away and forgot to say about some on pot so all went

😂😂 Angie was only doing what she was told. 

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Posted by: @andy123

Asked Andy not told Grinning Grinning she tells me Displeased Smile Smile  

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @andy123

Asked Andy not told Grinning Grinning she tells me Displeased Smile Smile  

Shut Mouth Laugh Laugh  

ReplyQuote