Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Just a bit of advice to new starters.  

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
30/05/2020 8:04 am  

Would just like to give a bit of advice to our new starters especially Paul, Saul Christopher and Mizmo.

you have all got youngsters now coming out of your lofts and starting to fly well.

just a word of caution. With racing now starting officially from next weekend and training races on today don’t let your birds out on Saturday mornings. The evenings should be fine. What you don’t want at this stage is your youngsters getting caught up in a batch of race birds and taken many miles away. These batches could well be going through in large numbers and at speed. 

Also be aware that the same could be true for a Sunday if the weather hasn’t been good on the Saturday and races have been held over. 

Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
30/05/2020 8:41 am  

Excellent advice, Andy.

Flying your pigeons on race morning is always a bad idea, but this year it will be a terrible idea. Birds going everywhere Shocked  

Thanks to Andy for thinking to post that.

Good work.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Muzza

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Paul
 Paul
(@paul1)
Estimable Member Registered
30/05/2020 9:45 am  

Thanks Andy, I let mine out late afternoon before their daily food.

ReplyQuote
jmccall
(@www-propertymaintenanceleeds-co-uk)
31/05/2020 12:55 am  
Posted by: @andy123

Would just like to give a bit of advice to our new starters especially Paul, Saul Christopher and Mizmo.

you have all got youngsters now coming out of your lofts and starting to fly well.

just a word of caution. With racing now starting officially from next weekend and training races on today don’t let your birds out on Saturday mornings. The evenings should be fine. What you don’t want at this stage is your youngsters getting caught up in a batch of race birds and taken many miles away. These batches could well be going through in large numbers and at speed. 

Also be aware that the same could be true for a Sunday if the weather hasn’t been good on the Saturday and races have been held over. 

Excellent advice the best of us have lost youngsters by the boatload with a simple mistake or believe that there’s non3 comes over your way only to get wiped out ike this 

youngsters are a precious commodity Andy take months to rear and educate so here’s a rule that 100% applies and I’ve liberated them in the street many a time after basketing for training and changing my mind due to weather wind or just unsure 

IF IN DOUBT LEAVE THEM OUT !,,

ReplyQuote
Mizmo
(@mizmo)
31/05/2020 1:16 am  

Just seen this post now .must make sense why I have gained two new birds, 🤣 one from Mansfield and the other without a ring or number . Thanks for the heads up none the less (incase you're wondering I did ring the gentlemen but he said I could keep her ) exactly what I wanted to a nice red bird Inlove  

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
31/05/2020 6:35 pm  

Good sound advice Andy 👍🤠

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin
31/05/2020 7:40 pm  

simple but great advice

Admin : https://www.ukpigeonracing.co.uk/