Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Site problems

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I’ve been talking to Chris this morning trying to get to the bottom of all these problems. They do seem very hit and miss. Sometimes fine other times not then ok again. 

I know some who are having problems probably have done, but Chris said try to delete all cookies and history.

If this doesn’t improve things the other alternative, although rather drastic, is for Chris to start a new forum from scratch. It would probably mean going back to the old phpbb format. 

It would mean that we would lose all our past history on the forum and everyone would have to re-register and start posts again. 

Although not ideal we can’t afford to have members frustrated or worse still leaving the forum if these problems continue. 

What are members views on this? 

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I do like the look of our forum as it is now and I think it would be a shame to go back to having the look of before. But the testers don’t seem to be getting anything sorted properly and I can appreciate how frustrating it is for those of you that are having trouble. 

Chris would be able to get another site started in just a few days but it would mean starting everything from scratch. 

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

just been locked out again

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

OK Andy seeing as I am one having the problems on a regular basis and as Chris says in a rude manner in my opinion (in chat) there is an option and I will take it you or he can delete my account

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

what is going on

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin

@buster121 hardly a rude manner at all i was stating as andy said theres ia an other option witch there is, i scrap this forum because to meny people our having problems and set up a fresh new one with out problems it just means it be a blank slate 0 posts 0 topics ect

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by chrisroscoe

Admin : https://www.ukpigeonracing.co.uk/
Enjoy the website and community.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

The site isn’t working in it’s current form. Many members are having different problems. The host of the forum doesn’t seem to be able to correct the problems. So if this can’t be sorted the only way is to change host and start the forum again with a new host from scratch. 

I do hope that we can get things sorted one way or another and get back to the great forum it should and has been. 

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

being locked out each time is a pain but not able to post a new topic or photos is a problem what I don't understand is why we have different problems and some have none

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

It’s not good and needs sorting somehow, whatever it takes to get back to a reliable site that we can all enjoy again.

Unfortunately I’m not great with computers so don’t know what the answer is. 

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Noble Member Registered

Hi everyone.

I have had problems with it in the past, off and on, but a few months ago we changed to a new browser called Brave. It is terrific. The forum works, everything else is faster and better.

I encourage everyone to go there. I doubt there is much wrong with the forum. I suspect most people are on browsers that are so full of filters and adverts and people checking up on you, that they are exhausted. 

Other than offering a possible solution, I can only remind members that this is pigeon racing forum. It is not a government department or an air traffic control tower. No one's life is at stake here. 

Sometimes it doesn't work. I don't know why either. The question is, does it matter? If you have to wait until tomorrow to see the latest pictures of my pets having a bath, will that disadvantage you in the long term? 

In case you are unsure, the answer is no. 

So let's just suck it up. Those who don't want to be here, wont be here. Those of us who do, will be. 

It's pretty simple. {pear}:happy:  

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Paul
 Paul
(@paul1)
Reputable Member Registered

just noticed something odd, i can reply to all topics except the one i started, it just logs me out.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

The tester has been sorting out a lot of the problems that we have been having. Hopefully things will run smoother now. Please keep letting us know of any more problems. 

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin

all press f5 to refresh the website / forum why you on it and then give it a couple of days and tell me if any of you our having any problems from now on please, as i have checked all the problems listed and all was sorted after refreshing the page a few times to get the new cookies from the site

Admin : https://www.ukpigeonracing.co.uk/
Enjoy the website and community.

ReplyQuote
PVDMR
(@pvdmr)
Member Moderator

Just checked my emails,,there was one from a fancier wanting some advice about his birds,tried to pm him,But could not/would not allow me to reply 🤔🤔

Atb

You can buy The Mans Winning pigeons BUT not the Man that flys them!!

ReplyQuote