Clear all

a other idea haha

Page 1 / 2

chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

right i dunno if its really worth it but we see

elimar pigeons has a front home page click below, now would it be worth us having one ? could hold articals , links, every site thats related to use ie websites i have built for pigeon men / companys/ our sposnors ? ect
i understand pigeonbasics has one of these also ?

both seem the style is outdated and kinda shite to get around on now it would be alot of work on my part to get it set up but with a good bunch of people now on ukpigeonracing finding upto date news shouldnt be hard to fine then members could give me links and i then can copy and paste it onto the site

ofcourse just an idea and ofcourse would take a few of use to get it filled with the right stuff ect

http://www.elimarpigeons.com/
http://pigeonbasics.com/

Admin : https://www.ukpigeonracing.co.uk/
Enjoy the website and community.

DORSETDAZ
(@dorsetdaz)
Eminent Member Registered

I dont know what others think, But i find this site very easy and user friendly, I think it is one of the best i have ever been on and the people on here seem to be great very friendly and helpful, I know everything as to move with the times to stay on top but this is just my opinion, What every changes are made if any i know there are people here that will help us members if we need it, Fantastic site and a great credit to all that are involved in running it and the great people that are members, Like everything in pigeon sport things can only success if the members are good and support it, I wish everyone all the best for the coming season

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

seems mate the forum wouldnt be going anywere this is my baby built it from the ground up and buster and devo have helped alot all i was thinking is to home a home page just spreads more of the ukpigeonracing.co.uk love around lol 🙂

ReplyQuote
PVDMR
(@pvdmr)
Member Moderator

I dont know what others think, But i find this site very easy and user friendly, I think it is one of the best i have ever been on and the people on here seem to be great very friendly and helpful, I know everything as to move with the times to stay on top but this is just my opinion, What every changes are made if any i know there are people here that will help us members if we need it, Fantastic site and a great credit to all that are involved in running it and the great people that are members, Like everything in pigeon sport things can only success if the members are good and support it, I wish everyone all the best for the coming season

Well said!
Long may it last 😉

You can buy The Mans Winning pigeons BUT not the Man that flys them!!

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

I agree with Dorsetdaz, I find this site easy to use and members do keep us up to date with articles and news. I think you three are doing a grand job and there are a lot of good people on here. But it is your site and if you feel that this would add to it go ahead. I don't go on any other site some can't really compare. The only thing a find a bit of a shame is that we seem to have had a lot of new members lately but not many seem to post anything. Keep it up Chris

ReplyQuote
chrisroscoe
(@chrisroscoe)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

like i say the forum would be going no where 🙂 :), the new site would be to old news like elimar dose and links for other sites maybe hold advertising ofcourse it could also have a page to show the competions we holding maybe pictures of the members of the forum 🙂 all a matter of things just trying find more ways to drive more people to the forum and improve the whole UKPIGEONRACING name as it is my baby lmao sad i know but i have always wanted to be bigger then elimar pigeonchat and pigeonbasics haha i want this to be the place to be, with that said i do beleave we our that place with all your fanastic members on here 🙂 its alway s a laught always fun and always some where here to help someone out, pluss it seems more and more of us want to meet up off the forum witch means friends for life 🙂 pluss free pigeons for me ofcourse 😉 haha

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Mate as I always say ''if it aint broke don't fix it'' personally I dislike the basics page I go straight to the forum

ReplyQuote
DORSETDAZ
(@dorsetdaz)

Chris no matter what if anything you change i am sure you will do a fantastic job and it is very nice to find someone within the pigeon sport still with so much passion for racing pigeons, It is sadly a thing of the past to find so many people with passion for the sport, Whether it be in my life time or not i would love to know one day pigeon racing in the uk as returned back to the glory days and clubs & federations become strong and pigeon fanciers are full of passion for there birds, That would be fantastic Maybe if the people that take so much out the sport where to give a little back it would help a lot & before anyone starts a witch hunt on me, look at the best days in pigeon sport very few people had anything the biggest thing they had to offer was help and friendship, deadication, passion, I know some people still was rich and had money but everyone was on a much more even playing field. Money and greed kill most things in the modern world, NOT JUST PIGEON RACING. This is the sad world we live in today. I just hope in time with help from more fanciers things may get turned around to help the sport in general. I believe our governing body R.P.R.A could do a lot more to help fanciers and the sport in general, TO MANY PEOPLE SITTING AROUND FILLING THERE POCKETS with there heads stuck up there ass, Sorry for my little rant but it is the passion of pigeons that make me feel that way

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Chris no matter what if anything you change i am sure you will do a fantastic job and it is very nice to find someone within the pigeon sport still with so much passion for racing pigeons, It is sadly a thing of the past to find so many people with passion for the sport, Whether it be in my life time or not i would love to know one day pigeon racing in the uk as returned back to the glory days and clubs & federations become strong and pigeon fanciers are full of passion for there birds, That would be fantastic Maybe if the people that take so much out the sport where to give a little back it would help a lot & before anyone starts a witch hunt on me, look at the best days in pigeon sport very few people had anything the biggest thing they had to offer was help and friendship, deadication, passion, I know some people still was rich and had money but everyone was on a much more even playing field. Money and greed kill most things in the modern world, NOT JUST PIGEON RACING. This is the sad world we live in today. I just hope in time with help from more fanciers things may get turned around to help the sport in general. I believe our governing body R.P.R.A could do a lot more to help fanciers and the sport in general, TO MANY PEOPLE SITTING AROUND FILLING THERE POCKETS with there heads stuck up there ass, Sorry for my little rant but it is the passion of pigeons that make me feel that way
That is a great response mate. I whole heartedly agree. I love this great sport and that is why I have come back to it after 10 years out. Unfortunately I still think that one of the biggest problems to get new people into the sport, is the lack of decent sized gardens in modern builds.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

DorsetDaz I agreee totally with what you say

ReplyQuote
DORSETDAZ
(@dorsetdaz)

That is a great response mate. I whole heartedly agree. I love this great sport and that is why I have come back to it after 10 years out. Unfortunately I still think that one of the biggest problems to get new people into the sport, is the lack of decent sized gardens in modern builds.
In years gone by may many pigeon fanciers successfully flew and raced pigeons from little knocked up lofts in back to back houses or public gardens, Pigeons will live anywhere as long as they are happy and have the desire and love to get back to there home no matter what size or shape it is, There is 1000's & 1000s of pounds being made within our sport each and every year just a very big shame that most of it is being spent in all the wrong places, I believe that anyone who is under the age of 18 and comes into the sport in there own right or schools youth clubs e.t.c should get free membership & racing this would help a lot young fanciers or schools & youth clubs come into the sport, Even if they was to have a limit say 20 birds per race paid for, As most you you know once bitten by this fantastic sport at a young age then i would say minimum 50 % will return to it in there adult life, This sport is not just about the supper star that wins x amount of prizes in the federation or national e.t.c it is about everyone that loves the sport, The first thought on every pigeon fanciers mind should be i love my pigeons and i am part of this fantastic hobby Not how much will i make this month from my sales or Business, The R.P.R.A give 1000's away each and every year i think they should spend some of that money on improving the sport, I am not saying stop charity but look after our own first, Theses are only my views i am not saying everyone should or will agree with me it is the only way i see things changing for the better, This was once a normal working mans sport lets try and get it back to that

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

You are right in what you say, the future should still be in the youngsters, because as you say once you have been in this sport it is always with you.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Agree wholeheartedly Daz, the humble pigeon was once the working man's racehorse. I like my brother Andy am back after a long absence, it's a great shame to see Clubs and federations disappearing. Somehow we need to turn this around and a site like this goes a long way to help that happen.
What Chris and the others have given us is brilliant and the members on this site are decent sportsman, only too willing to help and advise. A real credit and asset to the sport.
I agree Chris the site needs to be easy to use and appealing ( both of which it is ) and needs to move with the times but remember bigger isn't always better. Better to have fewer, friendly and helpful fanciers than loads of fanciers half of who are disruptive and argumentative. Keep up the good work mate, you will have our support whatever.

ReplyQuote
DORSETDAZ
(@dorsetdaz)

With the amount of good people left in this sport things could be turned around i think but it would be hard, There are to many fanciers today just sit back and accept what is thrown at them, There needs to be a lot of change in this sport for it to return to what it was, I don't have all the answers but i can see what is happening & if something is not done soon we will have no sport left

ReplyQuote
PVDMR
(@pvdmr)
Member Moderator

With the amount of good people left in this sport things could be turned around i think but it would be hard, There are to many fanciers today just sit back and accept what is thrown at them, There needs to be a lot of change in this sport for it to return to what it was, I don't have all the answers but i can see what is happening & if something is not done soon we will have no sport left

To True 😉

You can buy The Mans Winning pigeons BUT not the Man that flys them!!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2