Magic’s Red cock wi...

Notifications
Clear all

Magic’s Red cock winner of Barcelona trophy 2019  

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
07/07/2019 8:04 pm  

I have decided that I am now not going to race the old birds anymore this season. So following this weeks race from Le Mans, which is the longest race that the Barcelona birds will have this year. Magic’s Red Chequer Cock is the winner of this years Barcelona trophy.
Well done John. Hopefully more to come from him in the future.
-- attachment is not available --

Photo taken this morning.

Petedav
(@petedav)
07/07/2019 8:28 pm  

Well done magic, a worthy winner, and well done Andy.

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
07/07/2019 9:09 pm  

Great result 😎

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
07/07/2019 11:27 pm  

Well done John a great achievement for you and one I am sure Paddy will be chuffed to bits with too.
It's been another tough season for you Andy but you have a few birds to work with for the future, I think it's a wise decision as hard as I know you will find it not racing. Now you can focus on the youngsters you have as they are the future of the team.
Good luck getting them prepared.

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
07/07/2019 11:34 pm  

how many old birds have you now Andy and have they all had a race this year and also will these birds be going to Barcelona next year

ReplyQuote
pb1
 pb1
(@pb1)
Estimable Member Registered
07/07/2019 11:42 pm  

well done magic hope to copy you one day

name paul biggsage 52club pill r.p.cfeb welsh north

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
07/07/2019 11:51 pm  

I am going to do a report George. I have got 4 old birds at present that have been over the channel twice this year. In the Barcelona team we have Magic’s cock and the blue cock from Pete that returned after 9 months from last years young bird race. I also have your Grizzle hen, the Irish hen and Rich’s Blue Pied cock. I also have 3 latebreds that will be going with the youngbird Nationals.
Even more so after seeing this years Barcelona results, I’m not expecting to send there before 2022. Need to build a team up and have birds left of the right age. Probably won’t go until 4 year olds.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
07/07/2019 11:54 pm  

I am going to do a report George. I have got 4 old birds at present that have been over the channel twice this year. In the Barcelona team we have Magic’s cock and the blue cock from Pete that returned after 9 months from last years young bird race. I also have your Grizzle hen, the Irish hen and Rich’s Blue Pied cock. I also have 3 latebreds that will be going with the youngbird Nationals.
Even more so after seeing this years Barcelona results, I’m not expecting to send there before 2022. Need to build a team up and have birds left of the right age. Probably won’t go until 4 year olds.

A good and sensible decision, Rome wasn't built in a day. Establishing a good reliable distance team takes, plenty of tears, patience and time.
Well done Andy.

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
08/07/2019 11:09 am  

Yep, I liked that red cock. He looked confidant and happy. That's why I picked him.

Not so much today. He looks like a pigeon who has had a fair bit of a race. Look at his face. He put all he had into that.

You have made a good call, Andy. That pigeon is going to come back next year older, wiser and better.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
08/07/2019 11:21 am  

Grin Grin

Oh, and of course, well done Magic!.

You will be pleased. Grin

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
09/07/2019 5:33 pm  

Well done Magic and yourself Andy for all the hard work you put into this venture

ReplyQuote
Magic
(@magic)
Noble Member Registered
23/12/2019 10:52 am  

I don't know how I missed this post but as some of you know both Frances and myself had an up and down year with health issues and I can only put it down to that so my heart-felt apologies and a big thank you for all the comments but in particular to you Andy for all the hard work you are putting into this venture.

( Andy, you can now see why it was such a HUGE surprise to receive the Trophy, Diploma and Photo last week.)

Children with autism are colourful - they are very beautiful and like the rainbow they stand out.

ReplyQuote
jmccall
(@www-propertymaintenanceleeds-co-uk)
Estimable Member Registered
23/12/2019 12:15 pm  

Andy I have just seen this thread and not fully up to date on your venture by reading this it’s to send to Barcelona I’m just wondering how far that is to you
How many you currently have in the team
How far this team have been to date and there ages
Also notice this was a venture for 2022 is it still the plan

I love planning for a particular race and work my system and birds to specific races so seeing someone plan like this is great
I tried for years chucking birds at channel races and loosing them in droves until I figured out it takes planning to get them consistently and there very had to come accross so build up and good decisions are extremely important

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
23/12/2019 12:41 pm  

I don't know how I missed this post but as some of you know both Frances and myself had an up and down year with health issues and I can only put it down to that so my heart-felt apologies and a big thank you for all the comments but in particular to you Andy for all the hard work you are putting in to this venture.

Thanks John. I had a real worry about him only last night. I let them out yesterday morning as usual and left the loft open, which isn’t unusual. We had to go out to finish off the Christmas shopping as it was the last chance we had as we don’t close until tomorrow evening. When we got home it was already dark so I went up to shut the loft up. Doing a quick head count I was 12 missing, including your Red cock, which I was very surprised and worried about. I do have them mess about occasionally and if still out when getting dark they do seem to have problems getting down onto the loft. I could see some up on the house roof at the end of the garden but couldn’t make out quite how many or who. Something must have frightened them into not coming down.
It rained and was quite windy during the night so they had a rough night.
Thankfully they were all there this morning and your Red was already in the loft at first light. He did get a telling off though LoL LoL

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
23/12/2019 3:47 pm  

Andy I have just seen this thread and not fully up to date on your venture by reading this it’s to send to Barcelona I’m just wondering how far that is to you

I love planning for a particular race and work my system and birds to specific races so seeing someone plan like this is great
I tried for years chucking birds at channel races and loosing them in droves until I figured out it takes planning to get them consistently and there very had to come accross so build up and good decisions are extremely important

Hi John,
If you go down the forum you will see a Barcelona loft section which will show you how this started and where we are to now.
Basically though it all started about this time 2 years ago when Grizzlecock posted that it would be nice if a member could set up a loft for testing members pigeons that wouldn’t usually get a chance to in this sort of competition and at this race point.
I put my hand up LoL
I had kept pigeons since I was a boy. Dad had them (sadly he died 16 years ago) and my brother Trev (Trench on here) still has them. I packed up 15years ago following a divorce but got back into them at the end of 2016. Although getting birds from Lerwick to the South Coast in Sussex 650mls and from Pau and Luxembourg into Cornwall I was primarily more interested in sprint/middle distance racing. Due partly to location now and time as I have the shop I decided on my return to concentrate on the extreme distance.
I joined my “Local” club Frome, which is an hour and a half round trip for me. We decided as a club 2 years ago that we would leave racing with the West Of England South Road Combine and just race in Nationals and Classics.
So now I am a member of the BICC, BBC, NFC & the CSCFC. I don’t race inland at all.
As said the aim of this venture is to get pigeons from Barcelona. 700 miles to me.
I only have a back garden loft. There is no fee for entering or prize money to be won, although I do give a trophy and prize card to the owner who bred the pigeon that done the best from the longest race entered each year. I pay all fees for membership to the clubs and racing fees. The only thing I have asked is that members get any youngsters they wish to enter to me around mid April. The pigeons are fundamentally mine once they arrive and race under my name. I do regular updates on how things are going.
Being the way it is there is no strict program or final to this venture. I treat them just like my own and if right they go if not they stay at home. The long term aim is not only to get pigeons to fly Barcelona but also to breed a family of pigeons around these tried and tested birds. Hopefully in time we will have proven birds that can be retired to stock and youngsters made available to members of this forum.
Being something I have never done before it is very much a learning curve for me and the pigeons.
2 years ago we had our first intake of youngsters, and as members know I held my hands up and admitted that I had made mistakes as I felt that everything should go to the BICC Guernsey race which turned out very difficult over this side of the country. I lost a lot of youngsters from this one.
This last year I was a lot more cautious with them. All were well trained and I ended up sending 11 youngsters to Guernsey with the CSCFC. I got 9 of the 11 home. Some weren’t sent due to being heavy in the moult or returning late from training.
This coming year I will be starting with 8 old birds, 7 have flown the channel, and 18 yearlings 9 of whom have flown the channel.
Hope this gives you a bit of info John. Very much an ongoing venture that is developing as we go.

ReplyQuote