Notifications
Clear all

First Coutances YB back

Page 1 / 2

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I have timed the first young bird back today at 12:00:55. Absolutely flown out. It is GB20B08415 D.Ch.Pd cock from Phil. Must have flown some miles. Provisionally he is still 6th section 70th Open with so few back. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Famed Member Registered

WD Andy. Brave bird {blue}:cool:   

This post was modified 1 year ago by lestheeagle

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered

Well done Andy and Phil

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)

Well done Andy and phil, very brave pigeon. Hope more turn up. 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thanks all. A very hard race. Yes well done Phil.

Also Phil timed in 34 minutes after me but flies 11 miles further so still just beats me. So he is now provisionally 6th section 70th Open and pushed me down to 7th section 71st open. 🙂. 

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Famed Member Registered

WD Phil.

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

ReplyQuote
bkays
(@bkays)
Reputable Member Registered

Well done lads. Very hard race.

ReplyQuote
Potter29
(@potter29)

Welldone mate and pigeon 👍🏻

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I had Trev’s Grizzle hen GB20B08441 back at 17.37. Again she has worked hard and is a bit thin but should be fine. The first bird back is looking much brighter already this evening. Although a very hard race these 2 have done well and flown a good many miles. All good experience and shows promise for the future. Hopefully more will work in during the week. Sod’s law the weather here now is good, the best it’s been all weekend. 

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

Great to see then starting to come through.

Well done all.

I am good! They aren't firing rubber bullets at me. Yet.
Welcome to Victoria, 2021.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Well done Andy a great result considering the conditions and how few birds there are back both old and young, hopefully some more will make their way back over the next few days.

Well done also to Phil 👍

ReplyQuote
Bryngwynt
(@bryngwynt)
Famed Member Registered

Great news Andy delighted for you, takes a good bird to come this weekend 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Unfortunately I didn’t get anymore back today. I thought I may have got some as it hasn’t been to bad here today. The 2 I got back yesterday are fine today and both have been off for a fly. Hopefully I’ll still get some of the others back. I just hope that they are still alive. With the state of the channel and the mist and rain along the coast on Saturday I just hope they didn’t go down in the sea. Some may not have even attempted the channel and still be in France. As all my racing is across the channel I do need birds that are confident enough to cross it. I just don’t think they had a fair chance with the conditions on Saturday. Obviously some found a way across but are they the best or the lucky ones? 

ReplyQuote
bkays
(@bkays)
Reputable Member Registered

Yeah it's hard to say. It was a poor liberation. Shame on the BICC for that one. It was raining all day here in Bristol. Bad returns in both the old and young birds.

A race to put a line through really. Hopefully the returns will pick up for everyone. Once the birds who decided it was best not to cross the channel do so. Though the damage to their confidence isn't going to be good.

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered

I think it is the lucky ones mostly on a day like Saturday, Yes there will be good birds that made it and people will always say this birds done this and that ,but there are many a good bird missing also they are the unlucky ones. And unfortunately most will never be seen again. Here's hoping some more turn up for you Andy 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2