Notifications
Clear all

Ultrasonic cat repellents  

Page 1 / 2

ConorP
(@conorp)
Estimable Member Registered
19/03/2020 8:57 am  

Does anyone know were to get one of these, preferably the plug in ones that are on constantly I'm having real trouble with cats jumping onto my loft roof and sitting behind the ridge tiles.

Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
19/03/2020 9:11 am  

I take it you don't have a cat of your own?

We always have a cat. At present we have two, because they are both pretty useless. LoL

Between them, they keep any other cats off the property.

In all, it is a green, sustainable way of keeping the stray cats off the place. And these days, that is the most important thing.

Is it carbon neutral? When I asked Flynn if he was carbon neutral, he just rolled over and purred!

So, obviously he is. Grin

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
19/03/2020 9:53 am  

You should be able to get one from your local pet shop or online. If you have any trouble let me know and I’ll get one for you.
Must say though I haven’t found them particularly successful. Our cat used to just lay in front of it.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
19/03/2020 12:17 pm  

I have 4 for keeping mice etc away absolute rubbish

ReplyQuote
ConorP
(@conorp)
Estimable Member Registered
19/03/2020 4:14 pm  

Thanks for the replies, I remember an old fancier near me had one and his definitely worked on them but I don’t know were he got it from, this was about 10 years ago.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
19/03/2020 8:38 pm  

I take it you don't have a cat of your own?

We always have a cat. At present we have two, because they are both pretty useless. LoL

Between them, they keep any other cats off the property.

In all, it is a green, sustainable way of keeping the stray cats off the place. And these days, that is the most important thing.

Is it carbon neutral? When I asked Flynn if he was carbon neutral, he just rolled over and purred!

So, obviously he is. Grin

😂🤣😂

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
19/03/2020 8:39 pm  

You should be able to get one from your local pet shop or online. If you have any trouble let me know and I’ll get one for you.
Must say though I haven’t found them particularly successful. Our cat used to just lay in front of it.

The ones mum had for moles worked well they just didn't last very long 🤨🤨

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
19/03/2020 8:49 pm  

Thanks for the replies, I remember an old fancier near me had one and his definitely worked on them but I don’t know were he got it from, this was about 10 years ago.

There are plenty of them around mate both online, in pet shops and garden centres but don't know how many of them do actually work though. I guess it depends how much you want to spend, as I said on Andy's post our Mum had them for moles and herons around her pond. They did work well but didn't seem to last very long but they were only solar ones.
As Muzza says a cat of your own is one of the best detergents.
The other thing to do if it's just the loft that's the problem is to try and put some wire up to prevent them from getting onto the loft.
Hope you find a solution mate, all the best.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
19/03/2020 9:32 pm  

Someone in the BHW sells them

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
20/03/2020 8:44 am  

But seeing the question is about ultrasonic cat repellents, maybe you need a cat like Olly. He is half some sort of oriental, and half some sort of tabby cat.

Like the other one, we got him off death row, and he is the most beautiful, gentle, loving cat!

He had, to put it politely, some "trust issues". What that means is, he must have had some very bad things happen to him. 🙁 It's taken a couple of years, but he is the most beautiful cat!

And very very fast! 😮 When they talk about ultrasonic cats, well, that's Olly!

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered
20/03/2020 5:21 pm  

Substonic holler point does the trick as well ,if you own a cat keep it at home & don’t let it wonder on to other Property’s etc ,plenty of cat owners out there don’ t give a shittttt ,that’s why a lot of our native wild life is vanishing ,

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
20/03/2020 9:17 pm  

Dead right, killer.

People let cats wander all over the place, killing the wildlife and being a nuisance. That's why the need for cat repellents.

If you cant keep your animals at home and looked after, you shouldn't have animals.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
20/03/2020 9:32 pm  

But seeing the question is about ultrasonic cat repellents, maybe you need a cat like Olly. He is half some sort of oriental, and half some sort of tabby cat.

Like the other one, we got him off death row, and he is the most beautiful, gentle, loving cat!

He had, to put it politely, some "trust issues". What that means is, he must have had some very bad things happen to him. 🙁 It's taken a couple of years, but he is the most beautiful cat!

And very very fast! 😮 When they talk about ultrasonic cats, well, that's Olly!

🤣😂

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered
21/03/2020 1:10 am  

In the outback they have Wild Cats as big as Lions ,

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
21/03/2020 8:20 am  

In the outback they have Wild Cats as big as Lions ,

Yea, I have heard some extraordinary stories about the size of some wild cats.

Not just in the outback.

Apparently there are some humungous cats in the bush in Victoria too. 😮

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2