Had a hit this week  

Page 5 / 5

Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
23/05/2020 7:37 pm  
Posted by: @paul1
Posted by: @buster121

They will when ready, are the other 2 back yet

no mate not yet, i would think after tomorrow if they are not back i probably won't see them again

Sorry to hear you are a couple missing Paul but sadly it's all part of the game and is always worse when you are just starting out although it still hurts even when you've been in the game as long as some of us. Hope they turn up for you mate 🤞🤞

ReplyQuote
Paul
 Paul
(@paul1)
Estimable Member Registered
23/05/2020 9:29 pm  

@trench Thanks Trevor they are still not back, i doubt i'll see them again now but i'll let the birds out again tomorrow as the winds should be lighter in the slim hope they will draw them in. Perhaps as Andy said, if they are any good they would have been back by now. Trouble is i was hoping to keep the numbers up to breed some young ones early next year to get the numbers up to about 16 birds, going from the original 10 down to 7 is a bit worrying but i will persivere and hopefully not lose any more.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
24/05/2020 9:25 am  

@trench Thanks Trevor they are still not back, i doubt i'll see them again now but i'll let the birds out again tomorrow as the winds should be lighter in the slim hope they will draw them in. Perhaps as Andy said, if they are any good they would have been back by now. Trouble is i was hoping to keep the numbers up to breed some young ones early next year to get the numbers up to about 16 birds, going from the original 10 down to 7 is a bit worrying but i will persivere and hopefully not lose any more.

Sorry to hear they haven't shown up Paul, it is frustrating but stay positive and keep persevering mate you will get there. Three pairs is a good place to start next year, you will soon get a loft full. If you can manage to get a late bred or two this year it will help although they may not go pair up quite as quickly as the rest next year. When I started up again 4 years ago I had 2 pairs of late breds from Andy123 in a 6x4 shed, I was lucky enough to also be gifted some youngsters from another fancier and now three and a half years on have an 18x6 loft and 68 birds 👍🤠😆

All the best. 

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
24/05/2020 12:41 pm  
Posted by: @trench

Sorry to hear they haven't shown up Paul, it is frustrating but stay positive and keep persevering mate you will get there. Three pairs is a good place to start next year, you will soon get a loft full. If you can manage to get a late bred or two this year it will help although they may not go pair up quite as quickly as the rest next year. When I started up again 4 years ago I had 2 pairs of late breds from Andy123 in a 6x4 shed, I was lucky enough to also be gifted some youngsters from another fancier and now three and a half years on have an 18x6 loft and 68 birds 👍🤠😆

All the best. 

Wished I only had 68 birds, I probably got that many in one section I am way over stocked

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
24/05/2020 12:47 pm  

are you racing this year buster

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
24/05/2020 3:52 pm  
Posted by: @rainbow

I was but the way things are now with this virus very highly unlikely, that is one reason I only bred few youngsters then If I did would have some to send and if not will have some yearlings for the 2021 season, that is another reason I declined the birds off you mate as so overloaded now, peed off a tad as had to throw eggs away off birds I wanted young off this year as well Sad Sad  

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
24/05/2020 5:17 pm  
Posted by: @buster121
Posted by: @rainbow

I was but the way things are now with this virus very highly unlikely, that is one reason I only bred few youngsters then If I did would have some to send and if not will have some yearlings for the 2021 season, that is another reason I declined the birds off you mate as so overloaded now, peed off a tad as had to throw eggs away off birds I wanted young off this year as well Sad Sad  

It is frustrating Buster, I feel for you mate especially after the problems you have had over the last couple of years. I hate throwing eggs away, you can't help but think that the champion you had always dreamed of could just be that egg 🤔😣 

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
24/05/2020 8:43 pm  

I was 2 youngsters missing the same day as Paul. Haven’t seen them either. It was the first time I had let the younger youngsters out in the morning. They wouldn’t all come in and were up and down all day. When I checked later in the day they had all gone in but were 2 missing. As I said to Paul I think they probably got caught up with some trainers. These are the first ones that I have lost off the loft this year.

I didn’t know which ones they were until today. I went through all the birds and found the 2 missing were 2 that I bred and Sod’s law they are 2 of my breeder buyer birds. 23 & 25. Sorry Jmccall & Josh. 

I still have all the youngsters bred by members for the Barcelona loft and they are all coming on very well. 

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5