Had a hit this week  

Page 3 / 5

Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
11/04/2020 12:28 am  

You blokes are having a shocking time. Shock

They are a curse, the hawks.

The trouble is, the birds get wary about flying. Mine are spending half their time under the patio looking anxious.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
11/04/2020 7:15 pm  

The trouble is, the birds get wary about flying. Mine are spending half their time under the patio looking anxious.

Thanks all.
It certainly does unsettle them, had her about again today but the birds were one wing ahead of her this time 👍

ReplyQuote
Paul
 Paul
(@paul1)
Estimable Member Registered
11/04/2020 9:59 pm  

Thanks all.
It certainly does unsettle them, had her about again today but the birds were one wing ahead of her this time 👍

she's still not no the nest yet then, i'm hoping by next weekend it will be safe enough to let mine out.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
12/04/2020 8:14 pm  

Thanks all.

she's still not no the nest yet then, i'm hoping by next weekend it will be safe enough to let mine out.

Not yet but didn't see her today, hopefully another week should see you ok mate 🤞🤞

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
22/04/2020 12:41 am  

Had my birds out this afternoon, old and young together. Roxanna was in the garden when a sparrow hawk swooped through. She said all the birds took off and started chasing it until it disappeared. A bit later it came back again but was once again seen off by them chasing it. They all seemed quite calm when I finished work and were all still out. All were in the loft tonight when I shut them up. I must say that they do tend to sit on the house roof of the house next to the lofts and although not ideal in someways they do get a good view of anything coming and it only takes one to take off and their all off. They aren’t any problem up on the roof and come down quick enough when called. I have seen them on a few occasions chasing hawks off.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
22/04/2020 8:26 am  

Always nice to see them all back safe and well, someone by me lost one last weekend 3 females split into a 2 and single the single distracting pigeons and the 2 one above one below then whoosh got one, don't know if rogue ones as they should be on nest by now

ReplyQuote
Paul
 Paul
(@paul1)
Estimable Member Registered
22/04/2020 8:52 pm  

Always nice to see them all back safe and well, someone by me lost one last weekend 3 females split into a 2 and single the single distracting pigeons and the 2 one above one below then whoosh got one, don't know if rogue ones as they should be on nest by now

i am keeping mine in for another week just to be sure.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
22/04/2020 9:32 pm  

Had my birds out this afternoon, old and young together. Roxanna was in the garden when a sparrow hawk swooped through. She said all the birds took off and started chasing it until it disappeared. A bit later it came back again but was once again seen off by them chasing it. They all seemed quite calm when I finished work and were all still out. All were in the loft tonight when I shut them up. I must say that they do tend to sit on the house roof of the house next to the lofts and although not ideal in someways they do get a good view of anything coming and it only takes one to take off and their all off. They aren’t any problem up on the roof and come down quick enough when called. I have seen them on a few occasions chasing hawks off.

Good to hear the Sparrow hawk will be going hungry tonight and all the birds are home safely bruv. Mine spend a fair bit of time on the houses too and as you say manage to see the hawk coming, it's when they are on the loft or pecking around the fields or garden it has them.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
22/04/2020 9:35 pm  

Clever little buggers 😡😡
Not seen our one for a few days now so fingers crossed she's finished for this year 🤞🤞

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
22/04/2020 10:37 pm  

Clever little buggers 😡😡
Not seen our one for a few days now so fingers crossed she's finished for this year 🤞🤞

Only seen one here today birds in aviary and just kept circling round loft for about 10 minutes then started going wider and wider then up into the heavens

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
22/04/2020 11:31 pm  

Had birds out again all afternoon. No sign of it that I know of. I was in the garden for a couple of hours after work. All in and accounted for tonight.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
23/04/2020 9:36 pm  

Had birds out again all afternoon. No sign of it that I know of. I was in the garden for a couple of hours after work. All in and accounted for tonight.

🤠👍 good news Andy.

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
23/04/2020 10:10 pm  

Haven't seen a sparrowhawk around here since last year, until today. Dived bombed my ybs sunning on the loft, but it was too slow for my street savvy ybs. About a hour later it was back above the loft but my friendly crows soon chased it away. Hope that will be it for another year. 😀

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
23/04/2020 10:14 pm  

Haven't seen a sparrowhawk around here since last year, until today. Dived bombed my ybs sunning on the loft, but it was too slow for my street savvy ybs. About a hour later it was back above the loft but my friendly crows soon chased it away. Hope that will be it for another year. 😀

Good to hear the hawk has gone hungry mate and all the birds are safe 👍🤠
Well done the crows 👏👏

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
23/04/2020 10:57 pm  

The crows are a great deterrent. Plenty round here.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5