Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Falcon  

buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
27/02/2020 11:43 am  

Heard a commotion this morning looked up and birds flying everywhere, seen the male falcon take a garden bird 2 doors away

Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
27/02/2020 8:39 pm  

They are everywhere, Buster.

Never seen so many around here as the are this year.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
27/02/2020 9:05 pm  

They are a constant worry Buster, hope he sticks to the little ones and leaves your pigeons alone 🤞🤞🤞
Do you know what type of Falcon it was mate ??
Touch wood I've not seen Mrs Sparrow Hawk around here for a while, hopefully it stays that way 🤞🤞

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
27/02/2020 9:19 pm  

They are a constant worry Buster, hope he sticks to the little ones and leaves your pigeons alone 🤞🤞🤞
Touch wood I've not seen Mrs Sparrow Hawk around here for a while, hopefully it stays that way 🤞🤞

Peregrine mate, wish they would leave all of them alone but never going to happen

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
27/02/2020 9:22 pm  

Peregrine mate

Ahhhh I think I'd rather have my Sparrow hawk, at least she is only a danger for a few months each year.
All the best.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
27/02/2020 9:25 pm  

We have them as well usually hawks one side and falcons other, all in we have at least 20 breeding pairs falcons in and around the local area, no idea on hawks but always plenty about

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
27/02/2020 11:16 pm  

We have a female Sparrow hawk that regularly passes through the garden, fortunately never really caused any problems with my pigeons even though they are on open loft most of the time. I do find feathers from small birds and occasionally collard doves in the garden. Roxanna says that she has seen her a couple of times this week, both times being chased by crows.

ReplyQuote