Died on the operati...

Notifications
Clear all

Died on the operating table.  

Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
21/01/2020 8:32 am  

At the weekend I had a youngster come back at dusk, with a small rip in it's neck. I had a look at it and figured it would last till the morning. Didn't want to annoy my wife by making her hold a pigeon just then.

In the morning, I asked Catherine if she would hold it while I glued up the slit in it's throat. We wrapped it up, I cleaned the wound and started putting the surgical superglue on the edges when it went limp. Shock

Dead as a door nail. It's little heart just gave out.

We wrapped it up in the old tee shirt, and quietly laid it down on the table.

Just a pigeon, but quite upsetting, just the same.

Regards

Murray.

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
21/01/2020 8:59 am  

It’s always sad to lose any especially in that way.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
21/01/2020 3:49 pm  

Sad to see, what caused the tear do you know

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
21/01/2020 8:20 pm  

The falcon.

It's here every day.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
21/01/2020 9:11 pm  

The falcon.

It's here every day.

Sadly same everywhere these days

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
22/01/2020 7:57 am  

I will tell you something, though, the peregrine is here every day and there are enough raptor varieties for Sir David to do a TV show.

I just did a head count as they settled down for the night and.....yep, they are all there.

I have a neighbouring fancier who has started his annual training program. They fly over my place and back down the rise for quite some time, in a tight group, and don't appear to be enjoying it a whole lot.

I suspect he uses a flag.

Mine, on the other hand, take off with a clatter of wings, are all over the place, peel off like Sopwiths going into a dog fight, and land all puffing and excited. Then they take off and do it again! 😀

My neighbour always starts with lots. Before long there are not so many. His solution is to breed more.

My solution is to have pigeons which are too hard to catch!

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
22/01/2020 8:10 am  

The wee one that died the other day only really had a nick in it's neck, the hawk must have just touched it. The problem was the food and water was running out the hole, so it was dehydrated.

It was not anywhere near as bad as the one that we glued back together a couple of years ago. He came home 24 hours late from a race. He was a mess. But he healed up.

That youngster was very stressed. I read that super glueing them hurts like hell. I think that was the last straw.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered
22/01/2020 5:58 pm  

Muzzle ,I think some of our birds have heart attacks ,the poor buggers have a lot to put up with ,I’ve had them die here after being only chased & not being hit ,some handle it better than others ,cheers

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
22/01/2020 7:46 pm  

I've super glued loads of injuries and it doesn't hurt .I've never felt a thing LoL LoL LoL LoL LoL LoL LoL

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
22/01/2020 9:42 pm  

😂😂😂😂

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
22/01/2020 10:47 pm  

I've super glued loads of injuries and it doesn't hurt .I've never felt a thing LoL LoL LoL LoL LoL LoL LoL

🤣😂🤣

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
22/01/2020 10:49 pm  

I will tell you something, though, the peregrine is here every day and there are enough raptor varieties for Sir David to do a TV show.

I just did a head count as they settled down for the night and.....yep, they are all there.

I have a neighbouring fancier who has started his annual training program. They fly over my place and back down the rise for quite some time, in a tight group, and don't appear to be enjoying it a whole lot.

I suspect he uses a flag.

Mine, on the other hand, take off with a clatter of wings, are all over the place, peel off like Sopwiths going into a dog fight, and land all puffing and excited. Then they take off and do it again! 😀

My neighbour always starts with lots. Before long there are not so many. His solution is to breed more.

My solution is to have pigeons which are too hard to catch!

🤣😂 just love reading your posts mate, always entertaining 👍
Sorry to hear of your sad loss though, unfortunately part of the sport these days but no easier to get used to 😥

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
22/01/2020 10:53 pm  

Muzzle ,I think some of our birds have heart attacks ,the poor buggers have a lot to put up with ,I’ve had them die here after being only chased & not being hit ,some handle it better than others ,cheers

I agree mate.
I had a late bred die last week, he looked and felt fine two days before he died. The day before he died he just looked to be sulking, I'm convinced he had had a very narrow escape from the hawk but didn't recover from the shock.

ReplyQuote