community

Forum

Some photos of the ...

Notifications
Clear all

Some photos of the Barcelona youngsters.  

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
02/06/2020 10:16 pm  

Here are some photos of the Barcelona youngsters taken this evening. Not the best of photos as they were setting down for the night after being fed. 

I am very pleased with the way they are coming on. All looking and handling well.  Fortunately I have only lost 2 youngsters off the loft so far, these were 2 of my bred ones. I have all the ones bred by other members.

7A9AF723 0678 4B43 ADF2 7BFC8F7313AC

These are the eldest youngsters from Trev x4, Leslie x4, John & Ben x6, one of mine and one of Phil’s two. The other one of Phil’s is a hen and has taken up residence with one of the spare yearling cocks in the old bird section.

55A83A65 93B7 4E72 A3DC 5E3A97C1BBED

These are the younger youngsters, being 6 bred by Pete, 2 for Murray, and 18 bred from the old birds, 2 for Murray. 

E2903355 8E92 49E9 A5C8 4308EBBF6957
317EF578 676C 482B AEEE E1986783DBF8
6ABCF1BE 428E 4666 8D40 931E78367A27

This is a photo in the old bird section. 

9EC0B386 3A12 4B63 9F26 FB6DCD9F8A15

Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
02/06/2020 10:43 pm  

Looking very nice Andy, they are certainly relaxed enough. 

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered
03/06/2020 5:26 am  

looking well Andy like your nest boxes that's my next job

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
03/06/2020 5:55 am  

Great looking bunch mate

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)
03/06/2020 6:35 am  

Good looking team Andy. 

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
03/06/2020 7:44 am  

Looking good Andy. If you look at the pic of those on V Perch, you can see the light showing through gaps between the boards. Think you need to fill those gaps before the rain comes again.

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
03/06/2020 8:00 am  

@lestheeagle

I know what you mean. I will keep an eye on it Leslie. It’s the original end to the old loft so 5 years old. Never had the gaps until the last couple of weeks. I think it’s just where it has been so warm and dry for such a long time. The wood has just shrunk. The decking in front of the loft was all tight when put down, now all boards have gaps between them. These will all close up when we get some rain. 

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
03/06/2020 8:39 am  

Those birds look very good, Andy.

Obviously settling down for the night, but all look healthy and well.

Just have to see what happens with the racing, but they look good to go on with.

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
03/06/2020 8:45 am  
Posted by: @lestheeagle

Looking good Andy. If you look at the pic of those on V Perch, you can see the light showing through gaps between the boards. Think you need to fill those gaps before the rain comes again.

Yep.

If I was you, I would line the walls with 7mm plywood, then rip the boards off and wrap it in foil, then put the boards back on.

Then you can say, "Bugger off Murray". Evil  

Kiss Love Kiss Laughing Out Loud  

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
03/06/2020 9:40 am  
Posted by: @muzza

Yep.

If I was you, I would line the walls with 7mm plywood, then rip the boards off and wrap it in foil, then put the boards back on.

Then you can say, "Bugger off Murray". Evil  

Kiss Love Kiss Laughing Out Loud  

You’ll have to come over and do it for me Murray, your only little. Not sure I can squeeze between the side of the loft and the 6ft fence. 😂😂

ReplyQuote
lestheeagle
(@lestheeagle)
Noble Member Registered
03/06/2020 10:14 am  

I would worry about mould growing when the rain/humidity comes again. Hopefully the gaps will close without causing you any problems. 😀 

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

ReplyQuote
Muzza
(@muzza)
Noble Member Registered
03/06/2020 11:02 am  

@andy123,

One day, when the world is back to normal, I might just turn up.

Always wanted to go to the 'old country', now I have a reason.

Now I have some people I would like to meet. Wink  

Regards

Murray.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
03/06/2020 2:02 pm  

I would worry about mould growing when the rain/humidity comes again. Hopefully the gaps will close without causing you any problems. 😀 

I’ve had a look. The loft is all shiplap and although the light is coming in the shiplap is still overlapping the board underneath. The light is coming up from a slight gap between the overlap and the top of the board below if that makes sense. 

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
03/06/2020 3:23 pm  
Posted by: @andy123

I’ve had a look. The loft is all shiplap and although the light is coming in the shiplap is still overlapping the board underneath. The light is coming up from a slight gap between the overlap and the top of the board below if that makes sense. 

I have the same with my sheds Andy, it is caused by the heat shrinking wood the doors on 2 of my sheds actually seperate with the heat but go back to normal when cooler

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
03/06/2020 7:29 pm  
Posted by: @buster121
Posted by: @andy123

I have the same with my sheds Andy, it is caused by the heat shrinking wood the doors on 2 of my sheds actually seperate with the heat but go back to normal when cooler

Garden fences are exactly the same, our brother and I have put up many close board fences over the years. They look great when the wood is new and freshly treated but once the hot weather comes gaps appear every where then the damper, cooler weather arrives they soon look as good as new again 👍  

ReplyQuote